TexasLeaf
Delivery Date: 21 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303111

illuminated grille emblem

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 am

One thing that I'm not real happy about with the 2018 Leaf is that the grille looks a lot more like an ICE grille than the older Leafs. Nissan offers an illuminated grilled emblem accessory for the Leaf. I thought the illuminated grilled emblem might help distinguish the 2018 Leaf as an EV and may also accentuate the jeweled grille plate, at least at night.

Does anyone have one of these illuminated grilled emblems on their Leafs? And if so, what do you think of it? Would you recommend it as a way to distinguish the Leaf?

tattoogunman
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2016

Re: illuminated grille emblem

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:51 am

TexasLeaf wrote:One thing that I'm not real happy about with the 2018 Leaf is that the grille looks a lot more like an ICE grille than the older Leafs. Nissan offers an illuminated grilled emblem accessory for the Leaf. I thought the illuminated grilled emblem might help distinguish the 2018 Leaf as an EV and may also accentuate the jeweled grille plate, at least at night.

Does anyone have one of these illuminated grilled emblems on their Leafs? And if so, what do you think of it? Would you recommend it as a way to distinguish the Leaf?

Is it a well done grilled emblem? :lol: Sorry, couldn't help it :D

I think part of their design was intentional since they are trying to make all of their vehicles have the same look like many other car makers. As for that accessory, I haven't seen or heard anything about it. With the plastic backing behind the emblem, it probably wouldn't be too terribly difficult to hide a small LED light - have to drill a hole probably.

Solarninja
Delivery Date: 08 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 306817

Re: illuminated grille emblem

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

I was interested in this also...its dang expensive for a lil light tho..

Return to “Accessories / Mods”