Consult/GST Software

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akohekohe

In the Service Manual (page GI-59) there is a diagram showing the data port and it refers to some software called Consult/GST. Does anyone know about the availability of this software, the connector cable, what platforms it will run on etc.? For my VW I was able to get an after-market software package and cable that allowed me to connect my PC to the car do all sorts of fun things in addition to looking at the error codes etc. and I'm wondering if it is possible to do the same sort of thing with the Leaf.

akohekohe said:
In the Service Manual (page GI-59) there is a diagram showing the data port and it refers to some software called Consult/GST. Does anyone know about the availability of this software, the connector cable, what platforms it will run on etc.? For my VW I was able to get an after-market software package and cable that allowed me to connect my PC to the car do all sorts of fun things in addition to looking at the error codes etc. and I'm wondering if it is possible to do the same sort of thing with the Leaf.

You need a proprietary interface with the CONSULT III+ package needed to connect to the leaf. I was told it's a $7000 system, in other words; "Dealer only!"

AmarilloLeaf said:
GST means 'Generic Scan Tool'.

This one reads most makes, for less than $90.

http://www.obdcom.com/

Given that EV's are not required to be OBD2 compliant, Generic scan tools are not going to be of much use on the Leaf. All the useful and interesting data is all proprietary.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Given that EV's are not required to be OBD2 compliant, Generic scan tools are not going to be of much use on the Leaf. All the useful and interesting data is all proprietary.
Hmm.. shall we set up a fund to purchase a single Consult III+ to be used for the benefit of the LEAF community and put it in the shared hands of Ingineer, turbo2ltr and a few other enterprising souls in the San Francisco Bay area? I'd contribute to such a fund!

Southern CA LEAF owners could get together and get a shared Consult III+ for Southern CA.

GroundLoop said:
Wow.. full-up Consult-III+ kit for $12,000: on eBay

FYI, this is Consult III not III+. As far as I understand it, III+ is the first one to handle the LEAF. The III vehicle interface (VI) will not work, so a hardware upgrade is required.

The reason is that the LEAF (and several other new Nissan vehicles) have switched to a dual CAN bus architecture. All previous Nissan's used single CAN + K-line.

-Phil

Back