IBELEAF
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Just ran into this cargo organizer and wondering if anyone has it or used. Opinions about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine- ... _922wt_759
Currently: '12 Volt (12k) since 7/2012
Previously: '11 Leaf SL (w/ 12k miles & 16 month ownership)

myleaf
Gold Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000471
Location: Chandler, AZ

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 pm

This option was factory installed on my leaf. I think it is well made and designed. Fits into the lower section of the trunk area. It is easily removable and has two compartments with partionable storage areas. Charger fits nicely in the right compartment.
Leaf Number 471 2/2011
5/2017 69,900 miles
"Never met an electron I did not like"

Harv
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:20 pm

IBELEAF wrote:Just ran into this cargo organizer and wondering if anyone has it or used. Opinions about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine- ... _922wt_759


I did purchase this from nissanaccessories247.com (Marlborough Nissan in MA) about 2 weeks ago, for similar price. It is really useful and imrpoves space utilization significantly. As stated by another user, Nissan EVSE fits very comfortably in the right compartment.
Hopefully, in near future there would be cheaper after-market options available.
Last edited by Harv on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granite Bay (Sacramento, CA)
LEAFing since 3/9/11.
License Plate GAS ZRO

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 4867
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm

I didn't realize this was removable. I passed on it because I was afraid I wouldn't like it and would be stuck with it, but if it's easy in/out, I just may try to have it added to my lease when I pick up my Leaf.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

User avatar
Randy
Moderator
Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Note that there is usually a single bolt/screw that the port uses to attach the cargo organizer to the trunk. If you buy it aftermarket, it is cheaper and you have the option of using the supplied bolt or not to attach it...

I believe you can save $50 or $60 if you buy it later from one of the eBay Nissan parts dealers....

User avatar
Kataphn
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Randy wrote:Note that there is usually a single bolt/screw that the port uses to attach the cargo organizer to the trunk. If you buy it aftermarket, it is cheaper and you have the option of using the supplied bolt or not to attach it...

I believe you can save $50 or $60 if you buy it later from one of the eBay Nissan parts dealers....


Or if you are in the SoCal area, you can buy from Cerritos Nissan at 20% discount. That is what I did. It is in the garage waiting for the LEAF.
Delivered: May 3, 2011
VIN: 1467 made 3-7-11
SL, Blue, eTec trim, EV project Blink
[purchased] as of 11-1-13: 25,000: 11 bars
Also have a PiP

User avatar
TRONZ
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Cargo Organizer

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm

It is very useful if you want to carry smaller (possibly expensive) items out of sight AND not going to carry anything very tall. Ex; brown paper bags of groceries are taller than the space left below the privacy lid. Also the trunk "floor" mat is not cut to fit on top of the smaller organizer lid.
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

User avatar
PDXLeafer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 am
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0203
Location: Portland, OR
Contact: Website

Re: Cargo Organizer

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 am

Looked like a great idea - and it was the only 'option' that I got on mine. I gave it back to the dealer after about a month as I decided it takes up more room than its usefulness deserves (did that come out right?!?) I asked the dealer to 'pass it on' to someone who wanted it.
Cheers!
-Oliver

Glacier Pearl ETEC trim (Nanook) .:. Reserved: 4/20/10 .:. Ordered: 8/31/10 .:. Deliverance: January 18, 2011 .:. EVSE: Installed 12/13/10 .:. '74 Citicar - donated to PCC 11/10

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: Cargo Organizer

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 am

Kataphn wrote:
Randy wrote:Note that there is usually a single bolt/screw that the port uses to attach the cargo organizer to the trunk. If you buy it aftermarket, it is cheaper and you have the option of using the supplied bolt or not to attach it...

I believe you can save $50 or $60 if you buy it later from one of the eBay Nissan parts dealers....


Or if you are in the SoCal area, you can buy from Cerritos Nissan at 20% discount. That is what I did. It is in the garage waiting for the LEAF.


Do they offer this straight at their parts dept if you go in? or only when ordered online?
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

IBELEAF
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Cargo Organizer

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 am

PDXLeafer wrote:Looked like a great idea - and it was the only 'option' that I got on mine. I gave it back to the dealer after about a month as I decided it takes up more room than its usefulness deserves (did that come out right?!?) I asked the dealer to 'pass it on' to someone who wanted it.


Does it add too much weight?
Currently: '12 Volt (12k) since 7/2012
Previously: '11 Leaf SL (w/ 12k miles & 16 month ownership)

Return to “Accessories / Mods”