sdbonez
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **Last 24 Hours to Order*

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm

sdbonez wrote:Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door. 3-3.5 week estimate.

He said he was totally swamped and totally taken aside by the sheer number of Leaf orders that have come in! :lol:

Edit: Steve called me back - said he forgot to add sales tax. :mrgreen: (forgot what the new total came to...)

OK, I haven't seen any good pics of red cars with seats and I agonized over the color choices. Finally got mine and installed this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Covers are a little loose here and there (minor) but they did a great job at fitting them/making them. So with that, here are some pics. I tried to take them with the red paint in the picture..and I really liked how the car looked in the sunlight - so they're all taken outside.

https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbonez/LeafWetOkoleInstall?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

csriram45

Re: Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **Last 24 Hours to Order*

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 am

sdbonez wrote:
sdbonez wrote:Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door. 3-3.5 week estimate.

He said he was totally swamped and totally taken aside by the sheer number of Leaf orders that have come in! :lol:

Edit: Steve called me back - said he forgot to add sales tax. :mrgreen: (forgot what the new total came to...)

OK, I haven't seen any good pics of red cars with seats and I agonized over the color choices. Finally got mine and installed this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Covers are a little loose here and there (minor) but they did a great job at fitting them/making them. So with that, here are some pics. I tried to take them with the red paint in the picture..and I really liked how the car looked in the sunlight - so they're all taken outside.

https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbonez/LeafWetOkoleInstall?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink

Thx for pics. I got the same color as u I think charcoal with grey piping. Yet to put the covers as wknd got busy. Will let you know how it goes.

Thx
Cayanne Red Leaf SL+QC
Delivered Apr 20 2011.
VIN#: 689
22xxx as of Aug 2013

BudRaymond
Delivery Date: 07 May 2011

Re: Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 am

Picked up my seat covers last week and they are fantastic. Really high quality and the colors look great. Ordered Charcoal Gray and Cobalt Blue full piping. Seat heater is really nice too. Can't wait to order the switch from Nissan and wire it into the console.

Definitely worth driving down to their shop for their free installation. It took them 30 minutes and would've taken me nearly all day with less than perfect results.

Bud.
eTec Blue Ocean
56k miles
9th bar dropped 9/2015

patrick0101
Delivery Date: 18 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1823

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm

installed my seat covers today. they look really nice. I think these colors (charcoal and grey) go with the interior better than the original seat colors.

Here are the before and after pictures:

Before:

After:

This little wire hook was a big help getting hooks from the back of the seat to the front. With the batteries under the seat, there is not much room.

I like the seat covers, but here are a couple things that could be better:
1) they smell bad. I have a headache from the smell. I even unpacked them and let them air out in the garage overnight before installing them.
2) The Leaf letters are not what I expected. I thought they would be embroidered. Instead they are just an iron-on that does not look like they will last.
~Pat
SLe VIN 1823 reserved 4/20/10, delivered 5/18/11
1998 Chevy S10EV (Feb 2007 - May 8th 2011)
4kW Solar PV '07, 12kW in '15
Oregon Electric Vehicle Association
Occasional PlugInCars.com writer
Occasional WhatDrive.us panelist
Cars with Cords blogger

Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I've seen several people complain about the smell, and all the pics I've seen are of charcoal/grey, which doesn't look dark enough to solve or at least lessen the problem I foresee, which is gradual dirt/sweat staining of the seats. I'd be interested in hearing of buyers' thoughts on these covers after several months of use. For now I want to check out some other options. The local auto upholstery guy told me $1800 for all-leather interior and he wouldn't just do the front seats, but wanted to do arm rests, etc. Still looking. Can anyone in the South Bay recommend a spot that will put on a pair of quality car seat covers? With a bad knee and bad back I'm not so enthusiastic about trying to do it myself anyway, although I managed to assemble a BBQ last week.

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm

I think the smell is subjective. Some people may not like it, but others like myself don't mind it. It's just new neoprene smell, not any different than new car smell. It'll go away eventually.

I think the beauty of the Neoprene seat cover material that Wet Okole uses is that it's much easier to clean than the conventional fabric material used in cars, or even leather. That's because the Neoprene's backing material is 100% water proof, so it allows you to really thoroughly wet the Neoprene so you can perform like an in-place washing almost. Along with the wet suit shampoo cleaning solution, you put a couple of drops of this shampoo into a bucket of water and basically give your cover a thorough shampoo, then rinse it with fresh water and towel try.

The darker color may hide the stains and dirt better, but that also means that you let the covers go dirty for much longer before cleaning them, which is not necessarily a good thing in terms of maintaining the cleanliness so that it'll last longer.

jhannah
Delivery Date: 19 Jul 2011

Installation help - SF Bay Area

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I'd like to get these for my leaf but don't remotely have the time to do it -- anybody who has already figured it out want to earn a few extra bucks putting them on my Leaf? In SF Bay Area, could be arranged in SF, East Bay or Palo Alto (my leaf spends time in all 3)

PM me if you have any interest... thanks! always faster to do these things a second time.

PDXKraut
Delivery Date: 16 Jul 2011

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 am

I realize it's WAYYYYY too late to get in on this - just looking for order details, as I'm not too keen to get any of the confusing questions wrong about seat-mounted airbags (I think it's 'yes'), type of headrest, etc.

Did anybody (that successfully installed his/her covers) keep their order details?

Thanks,

PDXKraut
Silver ETEC, ordered early Oct'2010
First delivered June 20th - then damaged by dealer
Replacement car received July 16
3.4kW PV (Solarworld-245W)
2007 Prius

hodad66

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:47 am

+1.... order details and I like the charcoal & grey..... :mrgreen:
reserved 7-26-2010, RAQ 7-29-2011... Order Cancelled 9/26/2011,
Schneider EVSE installed (9/15/2011)
2012 Volt lease 9/22/2011, 2014 Volt lease 5/12/2014

QueenBee
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:20 am

hodad66 wrote:+1.... order details and I like the charcoal & grey..... :mrgreen:

I'm not entirely sure why they even ask all those questions. You can call them if you'd like but I would just give your estimated guesses and they'll know it's for a Nissan LEAF and be able to make it right. When I called to order they didn't ask any of the fit type questions.

Charcoal and grey pipping turned out very nice for me.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”