My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was one of the first things I disabled. It was cute the first dozen times I turned on the car, but then it got annoying. Tried all three tones, all of them were equally annoying, so I just turned it off! :)

Pretty easy to do. If you're not looking at the manual that was referenced above, it's in the settings menu behind the steering wheel that you operate with the 4 buttons to the left of the wheel (where the trip button is). It's NOT in the main touch-screen menus.

Yeah, I'm about done with it myself. I tried two of the three for a short while, but wish there was a very curt chime/tone/bing as an option. They're all cartoony.

GroundLoop said:
Yeah, I'm about done with it myself. I tried two of the three for a short while, but wish there was a very curt chime/tone/bing as an option. They're all cartoony.

I think of them as more "video game-y". I'm running the 2nd now and it makes me think of Nintendo. (I kinda like it...)

For the car to have a startup sound is extremely Japanese. I have friends with a new Samsung washer/dryer and it makes musical sounds when starting and stopping too... Even their Samsung refrigerator makes a musical tone when changing settings on the front of the water dispenser...

For me, the startup sound on the Leaf lasted about 3 hours after purchase... :D

I must have good staying power. After 3.5 months I have just now thought about trying a different "effect". Maybe try #2 for June-Sept.

And yes, the Japanese LOVE cute and are very good at it.

This sounds like it would make a Fun Mod.. Make so you can load your own ie Ring Tone from your cell to your car so you can mix it up..

GroundLoop said:
DarkStar said:
For the car to have a startup sound is extremely Japanese. I have friends with a new Samsung washer/dryer and it makes musical sounds when starting and stopping too...
So... Korean too, then?
Asian in general. I have an LG washer and dryer which play a short melody when turning on, a short melody when turning off, and what my household calls the "Happy Laundry Victory Music" when a load of laundry is done.

Back