Lasareath
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Re: DIY Horn Upgrade Mod - Updated Jan 12

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:32 am

Just bought a "Truck Horn" made in Italy, only $119, gonna get to it in a week.

https://instagram.com/p/BSS6L1CgrdT/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Electri ... 076454710/

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

bpodbielski wrote:When you get around to the truck horns, please post how you did it! I'm ordering the parts to upgrade my normal horn, but I really want a truck/train horn as an additional horn.

Lasareath wrote:It'll be a secondary extra horn just for special occasions. I'll mount a button inside the center coin holder (where the Parking brake is in the 2011)

powersurge wrote:
Holy Crap! I think you will scare yourself every time you use it!!! I wonder how many watts this uses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Are you running into a lot of #EVHOLES or #ICEHOLES ?

Check out the 3 types of WindShieldNotes I have printed up here:

http://www.electric-car-bumper-stickers.com

grandizer52
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 001089

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 pm

Oh thats so NUTZ...love it

Lasareath
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:51 pm

I received the Horn today and the Push button. I am not sure if the Blue glowing light will work on the push button

There are 6 wires coming out of the push button.

Since this Horn will be a secondary horn it won't go through the existing horn wiring and will have its own power and switching loop.

I'm most likely going to connect this horn directly to the 12V battery. If I do that I think the Blue LED on the push button will stay on 24 hours a day.

Right?

I really don't want it to draw power 24/7/365, Maybe I need to install a Kill Switch as well?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Sal
Are you running into a lot of #EVHOLES or #ICEHOLES ?

Check out the 3 types of WindShieldNotes I have printed up here:

http://www.electric-car-bumper-stickers.com

COEV
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017
Leaf Number: 301362

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:41 am

I just picked up my 2017 LEAF SV a couple of weeks ago ... first thing I did was research how to replace the "meep meep" with something a little more suited to highway travel. As others have posted about the 2015+ models, getting at it from the bottom of the car was easy and straightforward. Here's some pics I took of the "El Grande" install.

New "Get outta my way" horns next to the OEM "meep meep".

Only takes 5 bolts and a 10mm socket to get access from the bottom of the car. Jack from one side and put a jack stand under for safety.

What the stock setup looks like. One 12mm bolt to remove it from the support.

The two connections to the stock horn. The longer cable with the black connector is the ground wire that connects to the bracket. The shorter yellow connector goes to the pigtail male connection.

The new horn all bolted up to the stock bracket, horns angled down and a single ground connector attached to the brackets.

That was easy! Like others have said, the pigtail cable you need to create only really needs to be 8 inches long at the most. There's plenty of wire on the stock harness. The whole job took like 30 minutes, mostly because I read through this thread before attempting. Thanks for the help!
2017 LEAF SV - Gunmetal Grey

colemab
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2017

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 am

Checking in to say that this worked for me and it was an easy upgrade. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. This was one of the annoying parts of the leaf!

Return to “Accessories / Mods”