So many new mods... Time to update the list :D
- SF Bay Area
- 2011 Leaf traded in at 46,000 miles, 3 years, lost 1 bar
- Upgraded to 2014 Rav4EV with Quickchargepower.com CHAdeMO port, 53,000 miles
- Tesla Model 3 reserved

TonyWilliams

Re: LEAF Modifications and Accessories - an index

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Glenn wrote:Spare Tire Carrier - TonyWilliams (Tony in San Diego, CA) is playing around with a way to attach a full tire & wheel underneath his LEAF.

Here's an updated thread on my spare tire carrier.

viewtopic.php?p=175401#p175401

DougMarker
Delivery Date: 0- 8-2011

Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 pm

How about chrome side turn signal lights?
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8899

vrwl
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 am

Vicki
Get Your EV License Plate Frames at EVPlates.com
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
19630 miles/10 Bars/4.0kWh/mi
205 GID at 100%/51.37 Ahr/78% SOH/59.91% Hx

sling
Delivery Date: 0-12-2012
Leaf Number: 18400

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 pm

it isnt all that elaborate but i guess it counts?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11124
2012 Red SL, shoulda waited for 13.

ClarksonCote

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for quite a while, but finally decided to register and post something.

I've been selling a Nissan Leaf Backup power inverter kit for quite a while that may be worthy of this list.

I've also just begun accepting pre-orders for a charging reference magnet designed specifically for the Nissan LEAF, that's very handy in public charging scenarios. (Note: the magnet serves as a great sign even if you don't affix it to a magnetic surface, though I find the best placement for the Leaf is placing it right where the QC port is or would be, while charging).

Anyways, here's the links!

Inverter kit: http://www.evextend.com/Nissan-Leaf-Inverter-Kit.php
Charging Reference magnet: http://www.evextend.com/Leaf-Charging-Magnet.php

Thanks all, hope to be posting more here and get in on the conversations.

BTW, I own a Chevy Volt, as I commute under 20 miles daily but take a 375 mile trip a few times a year, as well as a few other long distance trips, and have only one vehicle. I think a LEAF may be a great addition to my "fleet" one day though! ;)

maini
Delivery Date: 25 May 2014
Leaf Number: 339745

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 am

Glenn wrote:I've created an Index Page with links to threads about all the projects that you incredible MyNissanLeafers have undertaken and shared with fellow Forum members. I've not included the various Consult and CAN bus scans, spreadsheets, wikis, external blogs... even though we all know how incredibly useful those have been to our community! I decided to limit this list to LEAF/EV-specific topics; while there are many excellent suggestions for other upgrades, these are available for most vehicles and can be easily found with a quick internet search.

MODIFICATIONS

EVSE Upgrade - Ingineer (Phil in Berkeley, CA) offers a 240V/12A upgrade for the stock 120V/12A L1 EVSE unit supplied with the LEAF.

Adapters for Modified EVSEs - GeekEV (in Northern California) supplies adapters for using Phil's unit with several common outlets.

Light Bulb Replacements - DarkStar (in Hillsboro, OR) and several others are thinking about swapping incandescent bulbs for LEDs.

Switching the VSP - GeekEV (in Northern California), in collaboration with others, shows how to turn off the Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians.

Door Speakers & Subwoofers - Randy (Randy in San Diego, CA) provides step-by-step instructions for upgrading the LEAF sound system.

Adding "ELECTRIC" Letters - Randy (Randy in San Diego, CA) discusses the ordering options and steps for adding chrome letters to the LEAF.

Horn Replacement - OrientExpress (Gary in San Jose, CA) illustrates swapping out the LEAF's horn for something more substantial.

Charge-port Door License Plate - TEG (in CA) considers replacing the charge-port door with an acrylic license plate holder.

Front License Plate Installation - rawhog (in Vacaville, CA) takes a different approach for mounting the front plate.

Seat Extender Brackets - awiegel (Andrew in San Francisco, CA) tells how he made custom brackets to allow for more front seat legroom.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Home Built EVSE - chris1howell (Chris in Lancaster, CA) is developing an EVSE from scratch.

Trailer-Hitch Bike Rack - Electric4Me (Bill in Union City, CA) is working on a removable trailer hitch to be used for attaching an after-market bicycle carrier.

Spare Tire Carrier - TonyWilliams (Tony in San Diego, CA) is playing around with a way to attach a full tire & wheel underneath his LEAF.

New EVSE Upgrade - Ingineer (Phil in Berkeley, CA) is planning a 240V/16A Revision 2 upgrade to complement the existing 240/12A EVSE upgrade.

AFTER-MARKET ACCESSORIES

Charge Port Light - SeattleBlueLeaf (not surprisingly in Seattle, WA) found a nice motion activated light to attach to the charge port door.

Eclipse Sunshade - Kataphn (Kat in Leimert Park, CA) encouraged Eclipse to add a LEAF version to their line of retracting windshield shades.

Yakima Roof Rack - dyhopper (in Beaverton, OR) let Yakima use his LEAF to provide specifications for a roof rack for kayaks and bikes.

Wet Okole Seat Covers - Rake (in Kent, WA) arranged for a one-time MNL group discount on Wet Okole's neoprene seat covers and accessories, and then thoughtfully posted step-by-step directions for installation.

I'm sure I've missed several topics. Please let me know about them and I'll add them to this post.

Glenn

CHEAP EVSE - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16948
2014 SV Cayenne Red with LED and QC port

4n7h0ny
Delivery Date: 04 Dec 2013
Leaf Number: 418866

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Time to update this list
- 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with quick charge and LED headlight package
- Backup camera install

2THDOC
Delivery Date: 31 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422191

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm looking for aftermarket fog lights to eliminate the blanks where they are supposed to go. So far I have only found a company/product called "Bling Lights". I would like to know if any forum members have tackled this. Thanks.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 am

There are two or three topics on adding a donut spare tire in the rear cargo area, under a false floor and with (my contribution) a J bolt or heavy strap to secure them.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”