Leaf Japanese Body Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomguy

I wanted to post some pictures of my new Nissan Leaf Body Kit. This was purchased from Nissan Japan. Sorry for the poor quality pics, I snapped it on my iPhone this morning in low light. I'll try to get some better pictures up later. However, this is not the full kit yet. I'm still missing the front lips. What I have installed is the rear lips and side skirts.

I hope the pictures open up correctly.

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

+1 on completion pics. If you can, provide Source of parts, part #s and prices (in USD). Did they come painted?

These are readily available in Japan.
They have body protectors for the front, sides, and rear.

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html

Right now, $1 = 75 yen so divide all prices by 75 for the cost in dollars. (not including any shipping)

Thanks for that. I wonder if there are other online parts distributers that sell for less, like what we have in the US. I'm liking the charge port protector. I presume it clips into the existing clamps and you have to "pop" the charge hood again to release.

My favorite Google-translated part is the backup camera: "Picture may be ugly."

Google translated text

can you please provide some more details other than a japanese website. Do you have the email address of someone within nissan that speaks english that you could pm please

thanks

Dale

Sorry for the late replies guys.. All the parts that were installed, I had my friend in Japan purchase it for me at the Nissan showroom. He had to carry the parts with him when he flew back to the US. But checking the prices to ship the pieces, the most expensive part would be the side skirts. The box itself is 6 foot tall and is considered an oversized package. I was trying to find a way to get around that, but there's no way to bring back a 6 foot tall piece without paying overage charges. Maybe someone here knows of a way.

The skirt itself I believe was around 1000 dollars and that comes painted from the factory. There is an extra charge only for the blue color. All other colors are standard.

Installation requires a lot of drilling into the existing skirt and bumper. So if you install this kit, don't expect to ever take it off again. The build quality is excellent like any japanese component. They really put a lot into securing the pieces so no one will steal it or fly off. It's not just double sided taped on, but also screwed in and has pins also.

I have to wait until the end of this year until I can get my final front piece. Unless I pay some shipping and have it shipped to me.. but I think I can wait a few months.

I'm not sure how many of you are interested in this whole kit. It seems quite costly, but adds a dramatic difference to the look of the leaf. The car looks lowered without installing springs. I would estimate the total cost of the pieces plus shipping to be around 2000 dollars.

Looks nice.

It looks like you could get the skirts into a ski bag, and the front in rear lips into a second ski bag or snowboard bag. Would make flying home with them pretty manageable.

Can you snap some pics with different views when you get a chance? A rear view would be great. Looks great btw.

LakeLeaf said:
Looks nice.

It looks like you could get the skirts into a ski bag, and the front in rear lips into a second ski bag or snowboard bag. Would make flying home with them pretty manageable.

I looked into that also. The airline that we brought it on has the same fee for a ski bag or a 6 ft box.

It looks like the lip spoilers, side skirts and tail skirts are about $1500 USD based on the Japanese Accesory Catalog. Getting it to the U.S. is the issue. Not sure why American dealers could not just order the Japanese part number.

TRONZ said:
It looks like the lip spoilers, side skirts and tail skirts are about $1500 USD based on the Japanese Accesory Catalog. Getting it to the U.S. is the issue. Not sure why American dealers could not just order the Japanese part number.

That's pretty much how much I paid for the kit, but my friend helped me out by bringing it from Japan. I'm thinking as soon as there's more demand for it, Nissan USA should bring it in to the US. However, the price I don't think would be significantly cheaper due to the yen being so strong. Unless the yen goes back to 100, then it'll probably be around that price plus tax.

EVDrive said:
Thanks for sharing and adding in xtra pics. This looks great.

I wonder how black would look on a blue Leaf?

I saw on the Japanese site that some guy put in the black bodykit on a white leaf. He also put either vinyl or painted parts of his car black also, so it looked ok. But I don't think it would look that good on a blue leaf. IMO. I like the white bodykit on my white leaf.

Back