1) Yes, that way you only need a hot (+12) wire. Plus, I wired the two hots together at one lamp (driver's side) so that left only one wire I had to run in to the engine compartment. You can pick up the ground for the lights near the lights, by tapping in to the horn ground or pretty much any other metal surface you like anywhere in the area. You could also tie the two grounds together at one light if you liked so you only had one wire to connect to ground. They will all work equally well for this purpose.
2) I'm not home so I'll have to look up the exact wire for you later but it was one of the switched 12 volt wires from the JB box. There are a number of them there that will all work equally well. It is hot whenever the car is in Run Mode.
3) Here is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E2WMWG
. I like them because they have a deep yellow look which is best for fog lights (short wavelength light scatters more in fog than long wavelength light) and they also gave a nice contrasting look to all the other lights in front which are now cool white 6000K... Since I will be using them sparingly now that I have the LED DRLs, I wasn't concerned about power consumption any longer, and more about light quality and intensity.
91040 wrote:1) So the above avoids running the black wire from the PDM or LCM?
2) Would you describe the location and wire you tapped for the power wire more precisely? Is that location better/easier?
3) What amber fog lights did you use and why? In a prior post you denigrated using amber over white.