New Nissan Juke Wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatricioEV

just a sneak peek, more later!

DSC01739.jpg

These are brand new, take off Nissan Juke wheels $485 w/shipping incl
17x7 inch w/ 47mm offset - bolt right on with no mods or spacers
Continental Extreme Contact DWS 215/45Z17 - $653 (reused Leaf TPMS, metal valve caps and blue logo center caps)

Wheels weigh about 1.6lbs more than stock wheels each; tires weigh about the same.

Impressions in ~70 miles of driving: MUCH BETTER FOOTING! Feels firmer, and handles better. Didn't notice any difference in range or efficiency, but I'll reserve judgement on that until after I've driven my normal daily commute a few times for comparison.

Fyi, I am going to sell the set of 4 perfect OEM Leaf wheels with silver logo center caps and the tires as well (8500 miles on them).

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01747.jpg

Nubo said:
Looks nice.

I don't understand "take off" ?

"take off" Notice in the pictures of the wheels without tires, there are weights on the wheels. this means these had tires mounted at some point. so some dealer or owner, replaced these wheels with some other wheels. therefore these are used but in new condition.

Was keeping a lookout for a Juke to see these wheels in person and just happened to pass a black Juke fitted with these; quite nice! This seems more like an OEM upgraded wheel when fitted to the LEAF (especially being able to transfer over the blue logo caps). We've seen your first post on the handling, how different is the ride, over bumps, etc. -- would think with the higher profile it might ride a bit rougher but that's always the trade off.

redLEAF said:
Was keeping a lookout for a Juke to see these wheels in person and just happened to pass a black Juke fitted with these; quite nice! This seems more like an OEM upgraded wheel when fitted to the LEAF (especially being able to transfer over the blue logo caps). We've seen your first post on the handling, how different is the ride, over bumps, etc. -- would think with the higher profile it might ride a bit rougher but that's always the trade off.

It is definitely firmer, which is what I wanted. It corners much better and feels less "wobbly" in turns. I have mixed info thus far on range impact. I'm going to live with them for a couple of weeks and break them in a few hundred miles before I make my judgement. I REALLY like the look and ride feel, so I'd hate to have to go back to the OEM setup, but I will if they negatively impact range too much.

Ok, after living with the new wheel/tire setup, I can say that impact on range is minimal (if any.) Comparing my numbers on my "normal" daily commute, and looking through the last few months of Carwings data, there doesn't appear to be any change in my overall energy usage or efficiency. I would have thought there'd be some - but if there is, I can't see it. Plus, I've been using the AC much more than I had been!

Ride, as stated previously, is VASTLY improved! The car handles much better with the stiffer, shorter sidewalls. Really a good match with the lower center of gravity this car has. And, IMHO, the car looks VASTLY improved with some stylish wheels!

According to Google calculator, the stock tires extend 42.6mm from the hubs, while the Juke wheels will extend 41.9mm. Pretty close!

I wonder if it would be worth adding 3mm wheel spacers just to push them out a little bit more, and to keep the wheel center closer to stock (44mm compared to 40mm stock)?

Not to mention, it might look cooler pushed out a little more towards the edges. :cool:

Looks very nice! Better than stock, for sure. Did a quick ebay search and found this set in IL for $450 w/shipping. Almost pulled the trigger but I just don't need them that badly, and recently splurged on a Nexus 7 tablet (which I also don't really need), so I'll wait until the OEM tires are due for replacement and think about it again.

TT

ttweed said:
Looks very nice! Better than stock, for sure. Did a quick ebay search and found this set in IL for $450 w/shipping. Almost pulled the trigger but I just don't need them that badly, and recently splurged on a Nexus 7 tablet (which I also don't really need), so I'll wait until the OEM tires are due for replacement and think about it again.
TT

Just got four of these Juke wheels off eBay, from a guy in Lakewood, CA; $479 with shipping. Hopefully, I can pick these up Tuesday. What tires should I pick, and what about the TPMS sensors? eBay?

I don't really feel like taking the TPMS out of the existing wheels.

TonyWilliams said:
Just got four of these Juke wheels off eBay, from a guy in Lakewood, CA; $479 with shipping. Hopefully, I can pick these up Tuesday. What tires should I pick, and what about the TPMS sensors? eBay?
For tires - first decision will be picking a size - there's 3 different common sizes in a 17" diameter which will work:

215/45/17: About 1% smaller (speedo will read fast)
225/45/17: About 0.4% larger (speedo will read slow)
215/50/17: About 2.3% larger (speedo will read slow)

I think the 215/50 will look slightly better - the 225/45 will probably handle a bit better at the expense of slightly worse efficiency due to the extra width. And the 215/50 should just about correct the speedo reading at 60 mph.

As far as tires, I presume you'll want a LRR tire. Michelin has the MXM4 in all 3 sizes. There's a Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max in all 3 as well. I won't mention the EP422 since I know you don't like it. Continental and Pirelli also have LRR tires in those sizes.

As far as TPMS - I haven't done the research there, your local tire shop should be able to help.

A Prius tire test:
Michelin Energy Saver A/S 53.8 mpg
Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 53.5 mpg
Yokohama dB Super E-Spec 52.8 mpg
Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max 51.6 mpg
Goodyear Integrity 51.4 mpg
Michelin HydroEdge with Green X 51.1 mpg
Goodyear Assurance ComforTred 50.0 mpg

Back