The Best, Least-Known Tips & Tricks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
worst of all it doesnt have any smog sensor that switches automatically to recycling when a dirty car/truck/polution is detected. like any infiniti does.

All that's really needed is a second activation button for Recirc on the wheel like the G3 Prius has, plus an indication that it's engaged. With all the nondescript buttons already there, though, it would have to be round, or color coded. Speaking of which, if I end up with a 2018 Leaf I intend to color code all those damned square buttons...

how do you know the car in front of you is clean or not and if the area you are going to is clean? let the car do, like any infiniti, lexus, honda, etc. i3 and renault zoe do as well.

I doubt very much that "any" Honda sold in the US has an automatic smog sensing ventilation system. That's more a Japan spec feature. Considering that the Leaf Too is a partially improved, partially cheaped-out iteration of the first generation Leaf, we should have more realistic expectations.

why do i have to drive with my clean car in the middle of the pollution and eat the dust of the suvs? why does nissan spend so much money in a sun glass holder just under the roof? any child knows that glass is crackling in that heat. remove it and sell me a smog sensor. and if nissan does that, they can sell us ventilated seats like hyundai does!!!

hornstudio said:
why do i have to drive with my clean car in the middle of the pollution and eat the dust of the suvs? why does nissan spend so much money in a sun glass holder just under the roof? any child knows that glass is crackling in that heat. remove it and sell me a smog sensor. and if nissan does that, they can sell us ventilated seats like hyundai does!!!

I'm sorry but this makes no sense... The eyeglass holder is good. So you prefer a smog sensor? What good will it do you ? We know we live in unclean air....

maybe you should remove your pollen filter to make the HVAC rotate at lower RPM to save some watts? :mrgreen:

My favorite "least-known trick" is the unlock button on the rear hatch. At least on my 2015, there are two buttons for the rear hatch. The wider one unlocks the hatch, but a smaller one to the right works the same as the door unlock button.

aarond12 said:
My favorite "least-known trick" is the unlock button on the rear hatch. At least on my 2015, there are two buttons for the rear hatch. The wider one unlocks the hatch, but a smaller one to the right works the same as the door unlock button.

Yes, I use that all the time too. But is it really not known...?

LeftieBiker said:
That's a good question. I usually read the owner's manual cover to cover, but somehow -- if it's in the manual -- I missed it. :D

LeftieBiker said:
aarond12 said:

I did take me about 7 months to figure out what it was for. I noticed it early, but never played with it.

I don’t know if this qualifies as a tip, but today I got an email from my dealership asking me to fill out a questionaire regarding e-Pedal for some kind of gift certificate. There was some interesting information in there, but one particular thing caught my attention. They said there are only six possible combinations with eco/e-Pedal/D&B.

Eco ON & e-Pedal ON in D
Eco OFF & e-Pedal ON in D
Eco ON & e-Pedal OFF in D
Eco ON & e-Pedal OFF in B
Eco OFF & e-Pedal OFF in D
Eco OFF & e-Pedal OFF in B

I like to drive with the e-Pedal in B mode, but I’ve long suspected it doesn’t actually do anything. Now we have confirmation.

jonathanfields4ever said:
I don’t know if this qualifies as a tip, but today I got an email from my dealership asking me to fill out a questionaire regarding e-Pedal for some kind of gift certificate. There was some interesting information in there, but one particular thing caught my attention. They said there are only six possible combinations with eco/e-Pedal/D&B.

Eco ON & e-Pedal ON in D
Eco OFF & e-Pedal ON in D
Eco ON & e-Pedal OFF in D
Eco ON & e-Pedal OFF in B
Eco OFF & e-Pedal OFF in D
Eco OFF & e-Pedal OFF in B

I like to drive with the e-Pedal in B mode, but I’ve long suspected it doesn’t actually do anything. Now we have confirmation.

So do I but for a reason since I constantly shift (still) to get perceived better performance and efficiency to match driving conditions and I use all the "Eco On" options plus neutral.

Yeah, it is in the manual or else I would not have known that feature on my 2015 SL Premium model.

Back