Rear Headrests

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

It's no secret that the rear headrests can be removed, but some of the newer owners may not realize all the advantages. We keep ours out all the time unless we are picking up someone who will sit in the rear. This improves rear visibility greatly. To remove them quickly and easily you need to tilt the rear set forward slightly. Note the correct angle the first time you take them out, as it is easy to put them back facing the wrong way if you're not careful. I've been able to carry a six foot ladder in the Leaf no problem with the headrests out. Just remove the cargo area cover (easier with the rear seats folded forward slightly), fold the rear seats forward all the way and the ladder can be hooked over the front passenger headrest (between the ladder top and the highest step/rung) and the hatch can close. I really like the interior configuration, and so does my wife, who does all the shopping. Those Costco runs result in big packages and there's a lot of useful space available if you need it.

I used to pull the headrests off, but it took too long to put them back in for the few times I needed them.

Now I just keep the rear seats folded down.

I've just gotten used to not seeing out the back window. Safety first, after all!! :lol:

One wonders if the European drivers are experiencing dramatically higher incidence of whiplash? :?

Well if we ever have a passenger with a giant head, we're coverd. :roll:

Rat said:
We keep ours out all the time unless we are picking up someone who will sit in the rear. This improves rear visibility greatly.

Yep. Same here. Off full-time unless we have rear passengers. I don't push the metal rods in all the way to make it easier to take them out again.

My Pre-Owned 2012 Leaf SL came without rear headrests. I assume the previous owner didn't like them blocking the rear view. But I am used to them as all my other cars have them and I barely noticed them. If anyone here has no use for them, please let me know through PM. I will pay for them and shipping.

TomT said:
Mine have been out of the car for so long I no longer even know where they are...

garsh said:
I used to pull the headrests off, but it took too long to put them back in for the few times I needed them.

TomT, maybe this will help you remember... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3359#p80029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TomT said:
Yep, they went in a bag and up on the shelf the day I received the car!

garsh said:

OMG! Duh. :ugeek: I've been keeping them in the cargo area but never remembering to put them back when I have passengers. Such an obvious and simple solution - embarrassing. I'll be doing this from now on.

Yeah, I was being facetious... :lol: The point was, though, they have not been back in since then.

mirko said:
TomT said:
Mine have been out of the car for so long I no longer even know where they are...
garsh said:
TomT, maybe this will help you remember... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3359#p80029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TomT said:
Yep, they went in a bag and up on the shelf the day I received the car!

TickTock said:
garsh said:
OMG! Duh. :ugeek: I've been keeping them in the cargo area but never remembering to put them back when I have passengers. Such an obvious and simple solution - embarrassing. I'll be doing this from now on.
The only downside is increased road noise from the rear wheel wells making it to your ears. It's not bad, but noticeable when it's raining.

Back