Website/app showing publicly accessible charges only?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solangelist

All the apps and sites that search for and gives status of available ev chargers at or near a location that I know of also list the chargers available to employees only. In our area, SF Bay Area, there are more company use only chargers, so the apps are not that useful most people. Of course the employees already know about thier company chargers, and cannot use other companies' anyway :)

Does anybody know any well written apps or sites that can filter out only publicly accessible chargers?

I have already made suggestions to Blink and ChargePoint, either their software development is very slow, or they have erroneously concluded it is in their best interest show the largest number of chargers :)

It may be time to write a true and free open source app to provide this badly needed information.

http://plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; normally filters non-public stations out. You have to go into "Settings" and choose "Show restricted stations" to show them.

Thanks for the link.

I do not think there is a way to filter out non-public access ones. For example see this:

Bay Area Restaurant Mgmt Office, San Ramon, CA
Ports
2 EV Plugs
Stations
BlinkEV Plug
BlinkEV Plug
Address
2268 Camino Ramon, San Ramon, CA, 94583
Description
Both stations are private use only.
Photos

Last Check In
James as of a month ago Show All
Check In Directions Edit Add Photo

Solangelist said:
Thanks for the link.

I do not think there is a way to filter out non-public access ones. For example see this:

Bay Area Restaurant Mgmt Office, San Ramon, CA
Ports
2 EV Plugs
Stations
BlinkEV Plug
BlinkEV Plug
Address
2268 Camino Ramon, San Ramon, CA, 94583
Description
Both stations are private use only.
Photos

Last Check In
James as of a month ago Show All
Check In Directions Edit Add Photo
I suspect that happened because Blink doesn't properly list the status of the site, and Plugshare downloads info from Blink. At least Plugshare TOLD you they weren't public. Either that, or they are public, and the person who added that comment is mistaken. Anyway, there are no perfect sites out there, but Plugshare comes closest.

rjsmeyer said:
We just got our Leaf this last weekend, and our sales guy had just come across this site, and said it seemed more current than others:http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html
It doesn't look to me as if it is either as usable, accurate, or as up to date as PlugShare. You have to dig down two levels to see what kind of stations are at the location, and there doesn't seem to be any way to ask for just high power stations or just Quick Chargers. It doesn't show the QC at Premeir Nissan in San Jose, which PlugShare does, nor the L2 in Los Gatos at the Los Gatos Lodge (as opposed to the Los Gator Motor inn). And it says their are two QCs at the Santa Clara library. There are indeed two CHAdeMO connectors there, but on one charger, and only one of them can be used at a time.

Ray

I don't know how it is in California, but both Blink and ChargePoint filter their maps to show publicly available or quasi-publicly available. Here in Dallas-Fort Worth Oncor (owns the electrical power line stuff) has 4 or 5 locations for their fleet, none are on the chargepoint maps. There are several Blink stations I know of that are completely private, including at ECOtality's office. None are shown on their maps as well. There are some that are restricted, but restricted, according to blink can be many things such as being for hotel guest or paid parking lot, etc.

I assume pure private chargers (i.e. those not listed on the online and app maps), are done at the request of the owner of the stations to have them removed and marked as pure private vs those that are restricted in access but still show on the maps.

planet4ever said:
rjsmeyer said:
We just got our Leaf this last weekend, and our sales guy had just come across this site, and said it seemed more current than others:http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html
It doesn't look to me as if it is either as usable, accurate, or as up to date as PlugShare. You have to dig down two levels to see what kind of stations are at the location, and there doesn't seem to be any way to ask for just high power stations or just Quick Chargers. It doesn't show the QC at Premeir Nissan in San Jose, which PlugShare does, nor the L2 in Los Gatos at the Los Gatos Lodge (as opposed to the Los Gator Motor inn). And it says their are two QCs at the Santa Clara library. There are indeed two CHAdeMO connectors there, but on one charger, and only one of them can be used at a time.

Ray

You need to go into "More Search Options", where you can filter for a number of variables. You can also add "private stations" (e.g., Nissan dealers?) and "planned stations" from there.

To find the details on a particular charger, you just click on it.

And somehow, in my first 5 minutes of using Plugshare, I've found about a half-dozen duplicates. That's not going to be helpful.

Being new at this, I'll be trying all the sites I can find. I thought it could be useful to contribute this one to the list.

Bob

Bob

Back