How to clean the light grey cloth cover?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlin

I chose the light grey interior because the only other choice is black (2013 model year). (I wonder why there are only two interior colors.) It is a nice enough color, but sure gets dirty easy. I am especially concerned that the interior door handles used to pull the doors shut are partially covered by cloth. It will surely get dirty really fast. What is the best way to clean it?

I use Folex:

http://www.folexcompany.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the door handles...I try not to touch them. I pull the door closed by sticking my fingers in the plastic cup, but try to avoid putting the palm of my hand and thumb on the cloth. I push the door open vis the door panel.

I have not tried it on the door handle fabric yet, but I have used auto upholstery cleaner (the foaming kind) on cloth seats in a car. That is what I'll use when needed. You can get it at places like Target, Walmart, or any auto parts store.

just google "auto upholstery cleaner"

Here are some examples.
Meguiars D10219 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Armor-All 78091 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner - 22 oz. Aerosol
303-Products Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner and Spot Remover™ 030551

Thanks, Mirko.

What I was trying to get across was pre-treating the cloth with a fabric protector before it gets dirty. The manufactures claims that these protectors make the cloth resistent to stain and easier to clean if it does get dirty.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that.

ianlin said:
Thanks, Mirko.

What I was trying to get across was pre-treating the cloth with a fabric protector before it gets dirty. The manufactures claims that these protectors make the cloth resistent to stain and easier to clean if it does get dirty.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that.

I used scotchgard when I first got the car. Subsequently I put on seat covers since we decided we'd use the car with our 175-lb dog. But the exposed pieces still look good. I haven't had to clean any fabric yet so I can't say whether it makes it easier or whether it has repelled any stains or I just haven't gotten it dirty. But it does have a good reputation.

You can washed them up with Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Cleaner. They give very nice results. Do wash the entire clothes rather than just the spot. After theydry, add an application of Scotchgard Protector. Reapply Protector every 6 months. It will work great.

I didn't put anything on my seats or door cards, but I can get stains out like nothing. is something applied at the dealer or at the factory? 12 hour old blood stains came out like nothing.

fastmaxxcooper said:
I didn't put anything on my seats or door cards, but I can get stains out like nothing. is something applied at the dealer or at the factory? 12 hour old blood stains came out like nothing.
what do you use as a cleaning agent?

Back