My lame tip - take off the rear headrests for a better view!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincerama

Not interesting, but I find that when I'm not carrying passengers, I get a much better view out the rear window if I take the rear headrests off. A no brainer, but it's a tip!

Thanks. What do you mean? Can you post a Pic?

Vincerama said:
Not interesting, but I find that when I'm not carrying passengers, I get a much better view out the rear window if I take the rear headrests off. A no brainer, but it's a tip!

This was discussed here long ago. I removed mine years back and stored them in a plastic bag in the garage... Now, I just have to remember where I put them for lease return! :lol:

Vincerama said:

Lasareath said:
Thanks. What do you mean? Can you post a Pic?

Vincerama said:

LOL, when you look out the rear view mirror, the headrests take up like 25% of the view, and block the sides of the rear view. Just press the release button and remove them (you have to tilt the rear seats forward). And you'll notice that the rear view is a lot better!

I put mine in the trunk because when I pick up my kids, I need them. Easy enough to put back on. But my car is mostly a solo commuter so it usually has the headrests off.

Just lets you see more out the rear window.

Thanks! been driving like this for years...well 19 months! LOL

no_headrests.jpg

If I fold down my seats you can see $2000 of aftermarket stereo system that I don't want to advertise to the public.

Levenkay said:
It's way easier to just fold the seats down

My solution is to leave just the passenger side rear headrest on. It only blocks about 10% of the view, and allows for at least one safe back seat passenger. Try it.

As noted in the old thread. I keep mine with the inside post in the outside hole until I have a passenger and I put it in correctly. It's only happened a few times in over three years.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=107873#p107873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm simplistic, fold the seats down. Leave them there, I don"t carry excess baggage!

Folding the rear seat down doesn't work for me. My wife and I use it to put stuff on all the time, e.g. jackets, extra clothing, oversized boxes, etc. I keep the rear headrests out but have to remember to put them in when I have rear seat passengers. Now that my son has moved back into the area and doesn't have a car (until his fiancee transfers down from Seattle) I may have to rethink that and keep one headrest in. We've been doing some family stuff with the three of us.

I keep mine installed and rotated. It solves the visibility problem as well as the storage problem at the same time.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3359&start=10#p107873

Hope this isn't considered off-topic but did you see the new Bolt solves this by having the rear view mirror be a camera view? (You can also flip it to be a regular mirror.)

My 2010 Honda Insight had headrests that lowered until they were flush with the top of the back seat. It is a clever design. Much better than Nissan's brute force "put as large of a headrest as possible" approach. I miss that.

Back