Central Locking can you use your smartkey to shut the windows?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufopeace

Evry other car has this feature and I cant believe my leaf doesnt.
Hate when i see i forgot and even more when i do see i forgot to close the window or lock the car.
Is there anyway or any trick to deal with it? :(

Nope, another cheap econobox move on Nissan's part... That said, it is not something I have ever used on any car I owned that had it...

ufopeace said:
Evry other car has this feature and I cant believe my leaf doesnt.
Hate when i see i forgot and even more when i do see i forgot to close the window or lock the car.
Is there anyway or any trick to deal with it? :(

Smart key operation of windows is often a really stupid thing to have.

2009 Altima has that ability to open the front two windows.

With the key in pocket in seven years of owning it that stupid function has been activated inadvertantly from contact with other things in my pocket on at least ten occasions and I go out to the car and find the winfows open.

Not so good if the car is outside and it is raining.

The LEAF smart key does not mess with the windows.

I don't know if Nissan eliminated window operation on all models because of the problems it can create, or if it was an individual choice for the LEAF smart key which is the more limited function Versa type smart key.

Wow, some of these responses seem uncalled for, at least in their tone. I'm sure some people think keyless entry, heat, A/C, etc. are stupid and useless, but I am sure glad to have them, and I would never insult someone because they thought different about it.

My Nissan Titan has the capability, but to be honest I only ever used it to "try it out", and have never used it otherwise.

I've owned cars that let you open windows by continuously pressing the unlock button on the key fob (including my 2003 Altima), but on the only car I've owned that let you close the window without using the inside switch (Audi A3), you have to put the key in the door lock and hold it in the lock position.

With a society as litigious as the US, I'm surprised to hear that there cars that are actually sold here that let you close windows by simply pressing a remote control. The remote used with the Leaf is particularly annoying to me in that I'm often setting off the panic alarm if I sit down with the key fob in my front pocket, because the button is too easy to press; other cars I've had including the Altima require a much harder push to do so. In that case I'm glad Nissan didn't offer that feature on the Leaf.

The VW TDI (Diesel) that I'm replacing has this feature: close all windows and sunroof, or open all windows, using the remote control.

I do it every now and then just because it's sort of cool. But I wouldn't pay much for the feature.

BMW offers that starting from 1999. So 18 years in a row :cool:
Hold unlock to open front, then back and then sunroof.
Hold lock to close all apertures (sunroof as last).
It's very convenient if people leave windows open after driver already exited the vehicle or you
want to vent out the hot air before you get in the vehicle.
You approach the vehicle and hold unlock. Within 20 seconds hot air is gone.

At the pace Nissan goes with "upgrades" we can expect Adaptive Cruise Control on the next Leaf.
And lane keep assist with the one after that. Each generation takes about... 2011..2018.... 7 years.

Back