How To Unplug From EV Charge Station?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fetv

I really had very hard time to unplug from this EV charge Station. Don't know why. Is it possible that I should reset electronically because the station lock it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSfT-NDGGc[/youtube]

Was it done charging? Chademo plug is locked while charging. There is audible click when the plug unlocks and a message on the display. Could be broken lock mechanism. I wouldn't be surprised if people try to pull it while it is still charging stressing lock mechanism so it becomes misaligned, binds and doesn't release properly. Usually a gentle side to side rocking action while pulling and pressing the release button forward is all that's needed.

Valdemar said:
Was it done charging? Chademo plug is locked while charging. There is audible click when the plug unlocks and a message on the display. Could be broken lock mechanism. I wouldn't be surprised if people try to pull it while it is still charging stressing lock mechanism so it becomes misaligned, binds and doesn't release properly. Usually a gentle side to side rocking action while pulling and pressing the release button forward is all that's needed.

after you press stop, it is possible it does not release the lock, I think maybe that was the case.

Another thought. Did you scan your eVgo card after pressing Stop? It is not on the video but could have been edited. These ABB chargers require you do that to prevent other people from stopping your session, at least this was my experience at several chargers that I used. So based on the video I'd say have been trying to pull the plug while it was still charging! As you finally were able to remove it I wonder if you damaged your quick charge port or the plug.

no, did not know that you have to do that. How did you know you have to do that? I did not see the instruction. The screen asked if you want to stop, I would just answer yes. It did not prompt me to scan card.

Valdemar said:
Another thought. Did you scan your eVgo card after pressing Stop? It is not on the video but could have been edited. These ABB chargers require you do that to prevent other people from stopping your session, at least this was my experience at several chargers that I used. So based on the video I'd say have been trying to pull the plug while it was still charging! As you finally were able to remove it I wonder if you damaged your quick charge port or the plug.

thanks, I learned something today, possible I missed that, I will pay attention the next time however that station is pretty far from me, I went there with the intention of just making this video. Can someone else confirm what Valdemar had suggested?

Valdemar said:
It shows the instructions on the screen right after you press the Stop button.

This is the message saying "Keep your RFID card in front of the reader" that was shown right after you pressed "Stop" and a reflection of you busy shooting the video neglecting to read it.

rfid.jpg

thank you very much. I have added a caption at time 1:03 and added more description (with: credit goes to Valdemar). so that other people can learn from my mistake.

Valdemar said:
This is the message saying "Keep your RFID card in front of the reader" that was shown right after you pressed "Stop" and a reflection of you busy shooting the video neglecting to read it.

rfid.jpg

Back