Door "command" button programming

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunmyer

Just took delivery of my 2016 Leaf SL yesterday, love it so far! Am trying to make it "my own" as the 2013 was. So far, I have my NRA front plate installed, radio station favorites programmed, and auto-lock disabled on the door locks. One thing is left, and a Search of the forum didn't yield the answer:

Somehow, on the 2013, things were set such that pushing any of the door lock/unlock buttons would unlock all doors with a single press of the button. The default requires 2 presses. Yeah, I know it's a little thing, but it's annoying, as I almost always have my wife with me and want to unlock all doors.

I don't have LeafSpy or any such: IIRC, I powered up the car while facing East, singing Happy Birthday, and listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio, then pushing the unlock button 3 times or something similar. Can someone refresh my memory?

FWIW: that 30 Kwhr battery seems to be a huge improvement!

If I recall, that setting was in one of the MFD menus, some of the User Preferences. I'd suggest cracking open the manual, as it may have changed in 4 years.

I couldn't find anything in the manual, it only describes the default operation: press the "request" button and THAT door will unlock, press it again and all doors will unlock. You must open a door within one minute or they will re-lock.

Will check the menus.

Thanks!! <<Jim>>

Update:

I did as you suggested and poked around the menus. Found the "selective unlock" and turned it to "off". It now works as I wanted.

Thanks much!! <<Jim>>

jdunmyer said:
Update:

I did as you suggested and poked around the menus. Found the "selective unlock" and turned it to "off". It now works as I wanted.

Thanks much!! <<Jim>>
By default, I think the "auto-up" feature on the drivers side window is disabled, if you want the set this, have the car in drive mode, slide the window down completely, then hold up past the click on the window button until it is all the way up and keep holding for about 4 seconds afterwards and that should set the ability to auto-down or auto-up the window. That is one of those settings that gets reset if you pull the 12v power or the dealership does a firmware update on the vehicle. Thought I might throw that out there. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that tip, but mine was already set for Auto Power-Up, as was my 2013. Didn't know that it could be disabled. :)

My VW has Auto Power-Up for both front windows, if operated from the driver's buttons. The passenger doesn't have the APU from her button.

A subtle feature that I discovered on the 2016 is the "triple blink" on the turn signal switch. Tap the stalk and you get 3 blinks for lane changing. Although Tesla advertises that feature, my VW also has it. I kinda missed that function when switching from the VW to the Leaf; now I don't have to give it up.

jdunmyer said:
A subtle feature that I discovered on the 2016 is the "triple blink" on the turn signal switch. Tap the stalk and you get 3 blinks for lane changing. Although Tesla advertises that feature, my VW also has it. I kinda missed that function when switching from the VW to the Leaf; now I don't have to give it up.

My 2015 SL has that feature also.

MY Lexus RX450h has the same feature PLUS it's user programmable for 3, 5, or 7 blinks. I have it set for 5 blinks. I wish the Leaf would have the ability to custom set the number of blinks.

What !!!! It cannot be !!! A Leaf that has an NRA plate and plays Rush Limbaugh. Hell must have frozen over. Are we ready for gun rack,rebel flag and all wheel drive options for the Leafs in Texas? Lol. Just having some fun with ya. I've put 1k miles on a new 2015 SV model that I bought in November. Love the car. Especially the quick and quiet throttle response from a dead stop.

Most of my shooting is with pistols, so no need for a gun rack. However, some years ago, when I was doing a lot of rifle shooting, a criteria when buying a car was to check the trunk room for the rifle case. :lol: And, I don't even live in Texas. :D

Back