In a few months some regions will have frozen cars in the morning - including LEAF
I want to share a tip for everybody who use their Leaf in those climate conditions.
If you turn your Leaf off and during short period of time push&hold wiper stalk upwards wipers will
raise in "change wiper position". But this is also ideal for the next morning if frost is expected.
Those who have massive ice buildup know that preheating Leaf does not melt wipers as they
are way too low for heat to melt them. If wipers are raised to service position:
1) it is easier/safer to pull them off if they are frozen
2) they do not get stuck in ice like they do in normal parked position
3) they melt really fast if preheating is used
4) it is easy to remove ice chunks in the lower end of windscreen (very important as this might ruin wipers!)
5) water will drip down and not freeze around the wiper blade after parking hot windshield outside.
It is totally safe to do this on daily basis. I would recommend to wipe off excessive snow before letting
wipers park at their home position though.