Real range estimator!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnis

I found out that one number I overlooked for two years actually is correct.
My 2014 Leaf does have REAL RANGE ESTIMATOR. I thought that it was something
else as manual said that but actually it is never off more than 5% if you drive as you did before.
If you press the blue triangle button on steering wheel you get "Driving range" screen:

20170111_195651.jpg

Inside bubble range (89km on the photo) is accurate. Literally.
I drove 74km and lost 90% of range. It estimated that I could go another 9km on 10%.
It is also dynamic (it adjusts according to driving style).

I've tried it multiple times, sometimes it is off in one direction, sometimes in another, depending
on weather changing, speeds changing, style etc

https://goo.gl/photos/CAMQ1g3xN69NEu2L6

Is that map available on 2011 Leafs?

Yes, this came up last year when another member here posted about it. The "inner circle estimate" is indeed as accurate as one could reasonably hope.

Funny: for the last several days I've meant to start a topic on the least-known Leaf Tips & Tricks. This was going to be one of the top three.

LeftieBiker said:
Yes, this came up last year when another member here posted about it. The "inner circle estimate" is indeed as accurate as one could reasonably hope.

Funny: for the last several days I've meant to start a topic on the least-known Leaf Tips & Tricks. This was going to be one of the top three.

Nice. I have Nissan LEAF 2017 S, and it doesnt have navigation screen, so all I got is the GOM and battery % left to know how far I can drive... Oh well...

Back