Any tips on how to transport a '13 Nissan Leaf S?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbshn41

Later this week I will be relocating from midwest to Nevada for work. Part of my relocation package is that they will transport my Nissan Leaf via a vehicle transport company to my new home. Looking for any tips on what to do and what not to do to make this a pleasant journey.

Things like what level should I charge vehicle to, any service to be done before hand, etc. I'm going to be relying on public charging for a week or so until I get my households good dropped off aka JuiceBox....so I'm thinking charging to 80% like I normally do would be good. Also going to top off 12V with a battery maintainer before loading it up. Anything else come to mind?

Thanks~

you are going to transport the car for what 3-5 days? Nothing to be done...

Just take a picture of the mileage before they load it.... and put in writing that the car will not be driven anywhere except on and off the truck!!

You could pop the plastic cover off the hook hole in the front bumper. That way you can be sure nobody else scratches the bumper paint trying to do it. You could also screw in the hook if you want just to make sure it's there. But of course not all vehicle towing/moving companies use the stock hooks for transport.

Back