LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Chinese food trick

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 pm

To me, it's like carrying a gas can with a quart of fuel everywhere you go "just in case".

Good for you. However, since the EVSE doesn't go stale, can provide much more energy than a quart of gasoline, and isn't explosive, that is a poor analogy.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
To me, it's like carrying a gas can with a quart of fuel everywhere you go "just in case".

Good for you. However, since the EVSE doesn't go stale, can provide much more energy than a quart of gasoline, and isn't explosive, that is a poor analogy.

Yes, plus the quart of fuel can instantly get you enough range to get to the nearest gas station as opposed to only enabling you to beg to use the nearest outlet...for several hours...

A portable "trickle charger" EVSE just is not very useful in an emergency situation. There are far better options. And like I said, if you are travelling or visiting someone, that's different - that's not "just in case".
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:42 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:A portable "trickle charger" EVSE just is not very useful in an emergency situation. There are far better options. And like I said, if you are travelling or visiting someone, that's different - that's not "just in case".

Ah, yes, but with the EVSE Upgrade and a bag full of different plug adapters, it opens up many more possibilities when it comes to begging for an emergency charge! That said, I've never had to use it like that, and even when I do run low I usually find an eVgo or ChargePoint DCFC instead.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 75,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 pm

mwalsh wrote:
Rat wrote:Okay, this trick is not unique to Leafs, but I've found it very useful and thought I'd share it.

And one that is unique to LEAFs (of a certain age) - you can use the plastic carabiner that holds the EVSE bag onto the D ring in the trunk - unhook the carabiner, slip it through the handles of the plastic bag, and then fasten it back on the D ring. :D

Also useful, 3 small S-carabiners hooked into the child-seat anchors of the back seats. Great for keeping grocery/shopping bags of all kinds from tipping.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”