no warning light for unbuckled rear seatbelts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uccello

Just realized that there is no dash warning light if the rear seatbelts are not latched but someone is sitting in them. no big deal though, I always wait till I hear the click when I've got the kids in the back seat...

Uccello said:
Just realized that there is no dash warning light if the rear seatbelts are not latched but someone is sitting in them. no big deal though, I always wait till I hear the click when I've got the kids in the back seat...
I didn't know there were cars out there with this feature! :shock:

I've been in plenty of cars with passenger seat-belt notifications (for the air bag), but never anything for the back seat.

The Volt has it actually and I hate it. The problem is that there are no rear seat occupant sensors so the light is on if the belts are unbuckled regardless. Hence, they get buckled even if there are no rear seat occupants just to extinguish the stupid indicator.

DarkStar said:
Uccello said:
I didn't know there were cars out there with this feature! :shock:
I've been in plenty of cars with passenger seat-belt notifications (for the air bag), but never anything for the back seat.

mogur said:
The Volt has it actually and I hate it. The problem is that there are no rear seat occupant sensors so the light is on if the belts are unbuckled regardless. Hence, they get buckled even if there are no rear seat occupants just to extinguish the stupid indicator.
Thankfully you just need to buckle two of them ;)

Considering that it is unlikely I will ever need or have more than two, yes. By the way, I have since discovered that there IS a buried car setup setting that will allow you to either turn off this function entirely, or have them auto-extinguish.

It IS kind of funny that I have many more miles and much more time in a Volt that I do a Leaf when it is the Leaf which I have on order...

evnow said:
mogur said:
Thankfully you just need to buckle two of them ;)

I have never owned a car with this feature and it would annoy me if I did.

I'm new to the forum but everyone from CA seems too serious about owning and electric car.

Back