Audio "source" button trick

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Rapidly pushing the audio source button on the steering wheel will get you where you want to be in the audio system faster than pushing once and waiting for the system to change between one source and the next before pressing the button again.

For example, pressing the source button rapidly 5 times will get you from FM1 to AM. That is, assuming you have no other audio sources connected other than the over the air ones. For example when I have a bluetooth audio connection to the car (iPhone) I need to press 6 times rapidly to get from FM1 to AM. It could be with a CD in the drive I would have to press 7 times, etc.... Give it a try! It's not direct, but the changes from one source to the next are pretty much instantaneous.

mwalsh said:
Rapidly pushing the audio source button on the steering wheel will get you where you want to be in the audio system faster than pushing once and waiting for the system to change between one source and the next before pressing the button again.

For example, pressing the source button rapidly 5 times will get you from FM1 to AM. That is, assuming you have no other audio sources connected other than the over the air ones. For example when I have a bluetooth audio connection to the car (iPhone) I need to press 6 times rapidly to get from FM1 to AM. It could be with a CD in the drive I would have to press 7 times, etc.... Give it a try! It's not direct, but the changes from one source to the next are pretty much instantaneous.

The source button also allows you to jump to your preset audio stations by pushing up or down once and if you push and hold the up or down on the source button, it also allows you to scan the radio/XM stations.

One thing that my wife just discovered - when listening to bluetooth audio - Pandora for instance, but I think she tried the iPod function also - the only touch screen options are play or pause. But pushing down on the "Source" button on the steering wheel will advance to the next song. I tried pushing up on it and nothing happened. :)

Back