RSS Reader in Car Wings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFish

Apologies if this has already been posted but I was playing around with the CarWings web page and realized that I can copy and paste the web address of a RSS feed into CarWings under "All info Feeds". I loaded the Yahoo news RSS http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories and when I brought it up in the car by selecting "Favorites" in the Carwings menu and it began reading the text to me. I thought it was pretty cool. I am going to look for a good traffic RSS feed to enter.

Mike

What's very weird is having the car read the news to you with the first few words written on the bottom of the screen. It's very awkward and not at all easy to follow. Anyone know the origins of this and how they expected it to be used?

adaminla said:
What's very weird is having the car read the news to you with the first few words written on the bottom of the screen. It's very awkward and not at all easy to follow. Anyone know the origins of this and how they expected it to be used?

Wanna bet it was designed to just be a standard RSS/ATOM feed reader at first but then they were forced to make it 'safe while driving' late in the game?

I'm going to blame the same lawyers that force the accept prompt for Carwings on each start of the car. :cry:

EricH said:
You should really enter:

feed://www.mynissanleaf.com/rss.php

to keep up on this forum :lol:

Funny it will not take the feed, it needs to look like this? http://feeds.foxnews.com/foxnews/world. When you change it it will not take the feed.

There are a number of touch screen features that are disabled when the car is in motion. for example, you cannot enter an address into the Navi system, dial a phone number with the keypad and some other minor items. I find it a bit annoying but imagine their lawyers asked for this. I've only driven the car a few days so I'm still learning about the quirks in the system.

Back