Silly Backup Camera Tricks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkStar

Yep, you too can keep your backup camera displayed for your whole trip!

1) Go into navigation system diagnostics (turn off radio, press Map three times, Radio Power two times, Map once).
2) Select Confirmation/Adjustment.
3) Select Camera.
4) Select Correct Draw Line of Rear view Camera.
5) Drive!
6) Press Back when you're done goofing around! :D

For those having trouble getting into this menu, start with the car on and the radio off and do it pretty quickly. Two hands will help you get it done in time. Do be careful messing around in there though. You don't want to throw your backup lines out of alignment!

GeekEV said:
For those having trouble getting into this menu, start with the car on and the radio off and do it pretty quickly. Two hands will help you get it done in time. Do be careful messing around in there though. You don't want to throw your backup lines out of alignment!
The default though is 0,0 at 0,0,0,0... Not too hard to put back if you push something wrong! :D

How on earth did someone figure this out?! This is amazing. Wow. I'm definitely trying it as soon as I can!

DaveinOlyWA said:
tried it before. did not work. tried it again this morning. still does not work
Not sure how to help you, except perhaps to try the sequence both slower and faster.

I have messed with this mode a couple of times - my girlfriend's daughter got a kick of watching the cars behind us as we were driving.

Soviet said:
How on earth did someone figure this out?! This is amazing. Wow. I'm definitely trying it as soon as I can!
The service manual gave away the info to get into the diagnostics screen, from there I just went into every menu to see what options were available. ;)

DaveinOlyWA said:
wondering if software upgrade eliminated it. i simply need more details as to how to get it done. what gear must i be in?
It definitely still works. I think the trick is to power off the stereo (using the power button at the bottom left) and let it sit for 10 seconds before going through the button sequences. There have been times where I've had difficulty, but taking a deep breath and doing it again has always done the trick! :D

I can see where this mode becomes extremely useful: When you have 3 persons sitting behind, and in our case if there is child seat in the center, the view via the small rear window gets blocked.... (our child seat set up on center sits a tad high and blocks the view)

Thanks for bumping this topic back up--I remember reading the original post back in April and then forgot to try it out!

TT

ok finally got it to work. before when i tried and failed, i had it in drive. this time i tried it, i had it in park and it worked fine

DaveinOlyWA said:
ok finally got it to work. before when i tried and failed, i had it in drive. this time i tried it, i had it in park and it worked fine
I know that it is possible to do while driving, it's just a little nerve-racking (don't ask me how I know). ;)

I think its cool and definitely worth bragging about at priuschat but i rather monitor my energy flow to maximize my performance and after 7300 miles i still cant do that by feel and looks like i never will be

But still cool. Would be better if the calibration stuff was out of the qay

The other day my wife inadvertently got the camera to stay on. She was answering a call, starting the car, backing up, and the car got confused trying to multitask and the camera just locked on. He had to power off the car and wait 30 seconds (10 wasn't good enough) for everything to return to normal.

Yeah, that has happened to mine a few times under various, differing circumstances...

Electric4Me said:
The other day my wife inadvertently got the camera to stay on. She was answering a call, starting the car, backing up, and the car got confused trying to multitask and the camera just locked on. He had to power off the car and wait 30 seconds (10 wasn't good enough) for everything to return to normal.

There should be a place where all discoveries like this are available. The Leaf can do so many things that the manual and customer service don't tell you.

Here is my small contribution. My cell phone, a Motorola Cliq which I have updated to Android 2.1, is not supposed to be able to transfer the full phoneboork to the Leaf. I downloaded the "Bluetooth transfer file" which is a free Android app and was able to make the transfer.

Back