Do You Sit in Your Car When it's Parked?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svBackstreets

I go out to my Leaf while it's charging in the garage fire up the climate control and play with the systems. Sometimes I forget the fob and I have to back in the house.

Perhaps there is a way I could have a device implanted under my skin that would serve the fob function?

svBackstreets said:
I go out to my Leaf while it's charging in the garage fire up the climate control and play with the systems. Sometimes I forget the fob and I have to back in the house.

Perhaps there is a way I could have a device implanted under my skin that would serve the fob function?

The first time I set the charging and climate control timers in the garage with the car "running" I caught myself thinking. I'm in the closed garage with the car running, I have to shut it off!

You might have to wear a metal "Michael Jackson" glove, to keep thieves from stealing your car keys! :lol:

svBackstreets said:

Wow! IMHO, you need to see a shrink. :mrgreen:

JohnnySebring said:
I imagine charging away from home on L2 (and L3) will have some of us napping in the car now and then. Do the front seats recline?

The front seats are very comfortable when fully reclined. You could sleep there.

TonyWilliams said:
At day 3 with the car, I keep thinking (every time I pass a gas station), hmmm, wonder if I need gas yet? Doh !!!!

Must be a great feeling, TonyWilliams, to have the realization that you'd ONLY be stopping for snacks! Ever want to honk and wave as your glide by? :cool:

I have had the same thought about "idling" in the LEAF...oh, I am going to get CO poisoning. oh, I am going to overheat it. oh, I can't run the AC without the engine running. oh, I need to pass this car....will my little car have enough umph? oh, where are my keys? as I grope to put the key in the ignition and a million other ICE habits I am trying to break! :lol:

My wife gives me a hard time about sitting in the car playing with stuff, like I'm in love with it (which I am). Feeling like there is something going on she said "I saw you out there....... inside of HER" :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnnySebring said:
I imagine charging away from home on L2 (and L3) will have some of us napping in the car now and then. Do the front seats recline?

The house AC is broken, so Thursday it was 97 degrees when I got home. Grabbed a pillow, activated the climate control with my phone, reclined the seat and had a great nap :D

I left the A/C running while messing with the phone setup, and by the time I was done, the rear right wheel was sitting in a puddle of condensed water. So you don't have to worry about CO, but H2O buildup.

Back