Hidden Screens: show GPS speed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garygid

Entering the "hidden" screens while driving appears to reveal the LEAF's GPS-calculated speed.

NOTE: This is most safely done by a passenger, NOT the driver (who should be looking at the road).

Enter Hidden Screens:
1. With the Audio system OFF, press the MAP button 3 times,
2. Press the Audio System Power button twice,
3. Press the MAP button once again.

You will see two choices. Choosing the bottom one ("Confirmation/Adjustment"), then "Navigation", then "Sensor Information", and some of the GPS data will be displayed, including "Vgps", which appears to be tenths of kilometers per hour.

A reading of 1000 would be 100.0 kph, which is 62.5 mph. Your speedometer will probably "lie" and indicate something like 1.5 miles faster, or about 64 mph.

Gary, I can tell you are just loving your LEAF and all its gadgets and features! :lol: I feel I still have a lot to learn about it. I have 13 more days of work and will retire after teaching 35 years!! Then I can play around more with these LEAF feature.

I like leaving the GPS info on my screen and notice the altitude changing. I live at 2608 feet and my school is at 3030 feet elevation. I regen quite a few miles coming home because of this.

Right after the Vgps speed, there is a "Vpls" (spelling?) value, which might be a similar (kph x 10) speed derived from the wheel revolutions, perhaps via the pressure level sensors?

The two speed (Velocity) values seem to match closely, but the Vgps might drop to zero (or blank?) when in a tunnel or big parking structure, due to the loss of the GPS satellite signals.

garygid said:
Right after the Vgps speed, there is a "Vpls" (spelling?) value, which might be a similar (kph x 10) speed derived from the wheel revolutions, perhaps via the pressure level sensors?
Wheel pulse?
Generally shared with ABS, this would be a rotary encoder of some sort that tracks wheel rotation.

garygid said:
Yes, loving learning to use it.

I guess I did not notice Latitude, Longitude, or Altitude on the screen.

How are these values labled?

This screen is on the "Menu" button screen. Go to Information button and tap on GPS.

Azrich said:
This screen is on the "Menu" button screen. Go to Information button and tap on GPS.

Can you get the mph on this gps screen instead of the metric?

Congratulations Rich on your 35 years of teaching! I quit teaching after 27 yrs. to move to AZ, but have been enjoying Paradise ever since, and have been tutoring (part-time) the last 6 years or so.

Back