How to remove the large zero emission graphic on sides ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegreen

I want to remove the zero emission graphic from the sides of my Leaf. I was thinking that a hair dryer might work. Any ideas?

littlegreen said:
I want to remove the zero emission graphic from the sides of my Leaf. I was thinking that a hair dryer might work. Any ideas?
Is that the vinyl one? A little heat will make it easier to peel. A hair dryer on high will work, but a heat gun is quicker. If there's some residual adhesive on the paint after you peel the vinyl off, use 3M Adhesive Remover or WD-40 to remove it.

TT

I'm also looking to un-do the eco trim package when my leaf arrives next week. Not sure what I was thinking when I ordered, but I'm turned off by every aspect of it and wish it weren't too late to remove it from the car.

an industrial or hobby heat gun or a hot air paint remover, about $15 at hobby shops or harbor freight.. dont over do it and dont burn yourself. It may be possible to save the graphic, stick it on a strip of wax paper if you can pull it off without stretching it too much, heat really loosens the adhesive.

Herm said:
It may be possible to save the graphic, stick it on a strip of wax paper if you can pull it off without stretching it too much...
This is not really practical or possible. I have NEVER been able to remove a vinyl graphic and save it. They are invariably stretched and broken/torn in the process. They cannot be re-applied anyway--much of the adhesive remains on the car in the process, so why try to save it? Buy another new one if you ever want to put it back on.

BTDT,
TT

Being a brand new car, this might be something better left to a reputable body shop. There are professional grade 3M products made specifically for auto decal removal, and the body shop has experience using these products.

If you decide to do it yourself, at least contact a local distributor that sells professional grade supplies to the local body shops.

I would personally be nervous about applying heat as it only takes a moment too long to apply too much and bubble the paint, and now you have a bigger problem.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

I seem to be one of the few who ordered the decals and is happy with them. Yes, it's an advertisement, but more for EVs in general than the Leaf in particular. And that seems like a good thing, IMHO.

I work with car vinyl for the car shows..A hair dryer should help a lot or heat gun..I also use goof off and a plastic razor blade..

http://www.miniscraper.com/?gclid=CMr4nsymxqkCFYsbQgodxgpSMQ

Just used a blow dryer, followed by some WD-40 and it was an easy, safe removal of the decal. My thanks to astralfish for sharing the successful experience and giving me the courage to try it myself. :)

littlegreen said:

I notice that the cars with the big graphic on it does not have the little zero emission plastic attachments on the sides of the car. If you remove the graphic, I'm thinking it would look like it is missing something compared to others that did not have the eco design package.

Is there any way to get that plastic lettering to apply from Nissan?

juniorboy90210 said:
Is there any way to get that plastic lettering to apply from Nissan?
I'm sure it will be available as a replacement part from Nissan, as it would have to be replaced in cases of accidental damage, etc. The question is availability, I imagine--whether it is being stocked already at USA dealers or has to be ordered and shipped in from Japan.

TT

Back