Grocery Bag hooks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

removable S hooks for bags:

img1430p.jpg

img1429o.jpg

Great idea trentr! Playing off your idea, I tried a derivative. I stretched a small bungie cord between those attachments and it that also works very easily. I figure I can keep more bags secured at once through the bungie cord. Thanks again for the idea!

Hmm.. I hope this wouldn't be necessary for a day-to-day Leaf owner.. Hopefully the average Leaf owner is carrying a few canvas bags in their car for when they go to the grocery store.

xtremeflyer said:
Hmm.. I hope this wouldn't be necessary for a day-to-day Leaf owner.. Hopefully the average Leaf owner is carrying a few canvas bags in their car for when they go to the grocery store.

We still take plastic every once in a while so we can always have two hanging on the back of our pantry door. One for the kitchen recyclables (cardboard packaging, cans, jars, etc...) and the other for CRV bottles and cans.

I just bought a pretty good size, inexpensive cooler at Costco for warmer weather, but when it gets cooler, I could use either one of those ideas with my cloth bags. Thanks to you both!

Great idea! I'm glad someone mentioned reuseable bags. In my town, plastic bags are illegal.

genius! love the bungee cord suggestion too, with canvas bags - lol!
You guys are great!

For what its worth, in the city of San Francisco, grocery stores are not allowed to bag your stuff in plastic bags - only paper. They are, however, still allowed to be used for things like produce. Also, food take-out places are still allowed to use plastic (I think).

I use the center one with a quick release strap to hold a collapsible chair on the charger "shelf". (I need the chair often.)
Of course, I have the Nissan cargo organizer in the trunk so the (reusable) grocery bags aren't flopping around anyhow...

We mostly use reusable bags from BagguBag (google if you want to buy; lots of cool colors), but they still could use some help in standing upright. I love this idea, and I'll definately find a couple of hooks and/or a spare bungie-cord for this purpose! Thanks for sharing! :)

We use canvas bags, and the clothy/thingy bags at whole foods.

This works with them too.

Thanks!

Sorry I missed the question way back when.

First town to outlaw plastic bags in Washington State: Edmonds

Back