Charge timer based on location?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esounds

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to set the timer so it only charges based on the timer when I am at home? When I go to work its annoying to have to remember to turn off the timer to make it start charging during the day. I only really care about charging times when I am at home.

Thanks!

'Fraid not. The way I handle this is to set my "Off-peak" timer to run from midnight to 5PM, 80%. That way if I plug it in after coming home from work, it waits until midnight, and if I plug in during the day, it will charge. If I'm home during the day and don't want it to charge, I just don't plug it in until the evening. It's not perfect, and there has been one incident where I forgot to go back out and plug it in later, but it's the best I could come up with.

esounds said:
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to set the timer so it only charges based on the timer when I am at home? When I go to work its annoying to have to remember to turn off the timer to make it start charging during the day. I only really care about charging times when I am at home.

Thanks!

Does your home charger not have a timer option as well?
I have my Blink unit set to start at Midnight (start of super-low TOU rate), and go off at 2pm. Of course it's always done by 6am.
In the car I have the timer start at 11:10pm and the finish set for 11:00 (ie the next day) and set for 80%

So when at home It works on my home charger's timer, but to the car's 80% limit
If I want a 100% charge i press the override button.

If you plugged in away from home it would start charging immediately I think, with the same 80%/100% option.
Also, If I'm at a public station and my charge gets interrupted, it won't require the override button to be reset before it can continue

I know this is rather convoluted, but so far it's the easiest way i've come across to be able to easily change between 80% and 100% AND have the home timer.
We're basically working around one of the Leaf's poorer designed features.

Shaun

Shaun

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping it would charge based on a GPS location but this doesn't seem to be an option yet. I'll just make due right now with pressing the timer off button before I charge during the day.

Back