EUROPE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taztaz

Maybe a big area but i think there is not much people from Europe here yet..

Wich countries from Europe is here? Make a post in this thread so we can talk :)

Here is a list of members from Europe so far:

Norway

Norway

Portugal
Mikexilva
Ruimegas
Vgomes

Sweden
Taztaz (ME!!!) :)

United Kingdom

Alternative
ianmax69
Leaftalk
MikeBoxwell

We truly don't have that many - there is ruimegas from Portugal, and MikeBoxwell from Great Britain, and Norway from Norway, and you. And I think that's it, so far. At least when it comes to regular posters. And even MikeBoxwell hasn't been around much in a while.

Ok, its good to have some different countries in here :) Then we anyway have Portugal, UK, Norway and Sweden then :)

How is your Solar installation working by the way? What inverter brand are you using?

I will put up a 3,24kW system next year to start with.. :) Inverters from SMA or hopefully Enphase if they produce inverters for the 50hz market... :) I have already panels at home.. 1,8kW lying in my livingroom ;)

taztaz said:
How is your Solar installation working by the way? What inverter brand are you using?

Funny you should ask...I just turned it on for the first time this morning, after getting permission from the utility company on Wednesday. It's still dark here, so the inverter hasn't begun operating yet. Plus it's an overcast and rainy day, so I don't know just when it will have enough voltage to get going or how much production I'll get (but that will be interesting in itself).

The inverter is SMA and it connects to 27 Sunpower 230W modules that sit ever so slightly off directly south and on a roof that is pitched pretty well - operating efficiency is expected to be really good with better weather, and may even be respectable with poor weather.

mwalsh said:
We truly don't have that many - there is ruimegas from Portugal, and MikeBoxwell from Great Britain, and Norway from Norway, and you. And I think that's it, so far. At least when it comes to regular posters. And even MikeBoxwell hasn't been around much in a while.

There's another portuguese Vgomes that didn't show up much lately...

taztaz,

what are your feelings about getting a electric car in such cold countrie likes yours...are you really aware of the risks of losing performance under extreme low temperatures specially because you need to keep your car warm enough to survive?

Just wondering ...I really hope the LEAF performs great there ;)

"Norway" reports that cars are able to plug in almost everywhere, to keep warm.

So, it is easy to find a parking spot to charge the EV, and keep it warm, I guess.

Is car-warming plug-in also available all over Sweden?

ruimegas said:
taztaz,

what are your feelings about getting a electric car in such cold countrie likes yours...are you really aware of the risks of losing performance under extreme low temperatures specially because you need to keep your car warm enough to survive?

It will! It will have Nissan's 'cold weather package' which includes heated battery pack, seats, steering wheel, and mirrors.

ruimegas said:
taztaz,

No worries.. Since i live in southern parts of Sweden we will not have that cold climate.. The most extreme temp we had here was -20 for a couple of days last year. Normaly we do not have colder than -10C .. There will be no problem surviving in that temp if you have clothes on your body ;)

I think the performance loss will not be there with the heated packs, also when you drive the car the batteries gets hot too... As i just wrote in another thread i think colder climate is better for the car batteries.. Since batteries does not like heat.. And they age less in a cold climate :)

Garygid:
car-warming plugs are also availible in Sweden, not so many in south sweden where i live but in the northern parts they are everywhere! .. Some companies in southern parts of sweden has them..

But i think i will never need to charge other than at home. Actually i will try to charge at work because its free ;) In the summer months i will actually avoid charging from home and just try to charge at work ;)

With all the fees here in Sweden for electricity i pay a total of 2 SEK / kW (0,21 EUR). That is calculated with all the fixed fees i also pay for electricity.. I calculated i will probably use around 6000kWh per year for the LEAF since i drive around 30000km (actually right now i drive 45000km per year).

Some weather info from where i live (Gothenburg / Göteborg):

Figures over one year: 2009-12-18 - 2010-12-18

Max temp: 29.9c
Min temp: -17,8c
Average temp: 6,4c
Now: -2,8c

If you compare that with the city Kiruna (you can check where its located on google maps) .. Its a big city high up in northern part of Sweden
One year stats:

Max temp: 26,5c
Min temp: -32,6c
Average temp: -1,6c (brrrr)
Now: -14,3c

Since i love hot weather i would never move there ;) hehe.. Right now its snowing outside :)

ruimegas said:
mwalsh said:

There's another portuguese Vgomes that didn't show up much lately...

Forgot to refer another portuguese guy: mikexilva

taztaz said:
Some weather info from where i live (Gothenburg / Göteborg):

Figures over one year: 2009-12-18 - 2010-12-18

Max temp: 29.9c
Min temp: -17,8c
Average temp: 6,4c
Now: -2,8c

If you compare that with the city Kiruna (you can check where its located on google maps) .. Its a big city high up in northern part of Sweden
One year stats:

Max temp: 26,5c
Min temp: -32,6c
Average temp: -1,6c (brrrr)
Now: -14,3c

Since i love hot weather i would never move there ;) hehe.. Right now its snowing outside :)

If you love hot weather You have to consider move to Portugal lovely weather ;)

Hi,

I'm ...eh... from Norway! :mrgreen: Oslo (the capital) to be more specific.

We have about 2500 electric vehicles here, and hundres of free public charging stations around town. (230V 16A)

Advantages of electric vehicles in Norway are:
  • No car registration duty or sales tax (may be an extra 180% of the value of other vehicles)
  • Free on all toll roads
  • Free charging
  • Free parking in all public car parks
  • Allowed to drive in the bus lanes
  • No annual car tax (save about $500)

The disadvantage can be the cold, especially if you have temperature sensitive battery technology, and not a heated garage. Very many electric cars here have a 5 kW diesel heater built in (with a 5 liter fuel tank) for use in the winter.

Norway said:
The disadvantage can be the cold, especially if you have temperature sensitive battery technology, and not a heated garage. Very many electric cars here have a 5 kW diesel heater built in (with a 5 liter fuel tank) for use in the winter.
What make are these cars ?

Norway said:
Hi,

I'm ...eh... from Norway! :mrgreen: Oslo (the capital) to be more specific.

We have about 2500 electric vehicles here, and hundres of free public charging stations around town. (230V 16A)

Advantages of electric vehicles in Norway are:
  • No car registration duty or sales tax (may be an extra 180% of the value of other vehicles)
  • Free on all toll roads
  • Free charging
  • Free parking in all public car parks
  • Allowed to drive in the bus lanes
  • No annual car tax (save about $500)

Nice.. Did not know you had that many in Norway.. I was in Oslo a couple of weeks ago at Rikshospitalet.. Working :) So owning a EV car in Norway give many advantages? .. 180% extra sales tax sounds like a whole lot of saving then?

We might get 5000€ discount in Sweden for EV cars next year. But its not decided yet... I know that the Volvo C30 Electric will have a fuel heater.. Ethanol i think the fuel will be..

ruimegas said:

I know.. I would like that weather but in Sweden ;) I was in Barcelona 1 summer ago.. lovely weather.. But i liked Paris better though .. :) In paris people were nice to me.. But in Barcelona they were kind of rude...

I guess you must climbing on your walls right now waiting for the Leaf.. :) Have you pre ordered? Are you one of the first to get it in Portugal? What car do you have today? :) and how much do you have to pay for the leaf?

Lots of questions.. :)

taztaz said:
ruimegas said:

I know.. I would like that weather but in Sweden ;) I was in Barcelona 1 summer ago.. lovely weather.. But i liked Paris better though .. :) In paris people were nice to me.. But in Barcelona they were kind of rude...

I guess you must climbing on your walls right now waiting for the Leaf.. :) Have you pre ordered? Are you one of the first to get it in Portugal? What car do you have today? :) and how much do you have to pay for the leaf?

Lots of questions.. :)

As you know we are not Spanish and the Portuguese usually, are much more friendly than them.

About your questions let me start answer you:

1. Yes I'm climbing every wall I found ;)
2. I have pre-order my LEAF on July 30th, 2010 (long time ago...). (ETA FEB to APR 2011)
3. If they are following the reference number I think I'm the 28th to receive the car.
4. I have e Renault Megane II 1,5 dCi wit 100 HP, buyed in 2005. Nice car but nevertheless it uses gaz :(.
5. What I'm going to pay I'm not so sure yet. The pre-order tells me that I'm going to pay 30.250,00 € after 5.000,00 € credit support from Government. But the VAT was at 21% at that time (July). Unfortunately next year and all because of the huge crisis we have here in Portugal the VAT is increasing to 23%. I receive last Friday 17th Dec, finally, the invitation to chose my dealer and I count to be contacted anytime now to do my final order. Only then I will have a clear idea of the what I will pay for the car. It was a long and planned acquisition (three years by know making savings). Compared with the US it's a huge price to pay but I dream with the day I'll never stop again at a gaz station anymore.

Any idea of the prices there in Sweden?

ruimegas said:
As you know we are not Spanish and the Portuguese usually, are much more friendly than them.

About your questions let me start answer you:

1. Yes I'm climbing every wall I found ;)
2. I have pre-order my LEAF on July 30th, 2010 (long time ago...). (ETA FEB to APR 2011)
3. If they are following the reference number I think I'm the 28th to receive the car.
4. I have e Renault Megane II 1,5 dCi wit 100 HP, buyed in 2005. Nice car but nevertheless it uses gaz :(.
5. What I'm going to pay I'm not so sure yet. The pre-order tells me that I'm going to pay 30.250,00 € after 5.000,00 € credit support from Government. But the VAT was at 21% at that time (July). Unfortunately next year and all because of the huge crisis we have here in Portugal the VAT is increasing to 23%. I receive last Friday 17th Dec, finally, the invitation to chose my dealer and I count to be contacted anytime now to do my final order. Only then I will have a clear idea of the what I will pay for the car. It was a long and planned acquisition (three years by know making savings). Compared with the US it's a huge price to pay but I dream with the day I'll never stop again at a gaz station anymore.

Any idea of the prices there in Sweden?

Yes, i know you do not live in Spain ;) .. I have actually never been in Portugal.. Maybe in a couple of years..

About the price.. I think it will be almost the same as yours.. We have 25% VAT.. Hopefully we will have a 5000€ credit from the Government too. But that is not 100% decided yet.. I have no idea when the order process starts in Sweden, I saw October 2011 as the date that the LEAF is coming to Sweden... Hopefully the sales starts then :)

Yes, the feeling not stopping at a gas station would be wonderful.. Right now im not filling that much gasoline.. Since i have a CNG car.. :) But I want to migrate to EV asap :)

evnow said:
Norway said:
What make are these cars ?

Personally, I've got VW Golf CityStromers (VW made a series of just over 200 in the 1990s), but I think the same is true for Peugeot and Citroën also, as well as most of the Th!nks.

My cars have standard Eberspächer D5W heaters. Works beautifully, although I would have preferred electric heater too, for all the trips which are not long!

Back