Portuguese Leafers are in trouble (not anymore!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essiemme

I'm affraid there's gonna be several people giving up their reservations...

I'm telling this because Nissan seems to have changed the way the car was supposed to be paid.

In the agreement/order we signed, the car's final price was already subtracted the incentives our government gives to EVs.

Now Nissan says we must pay the total car price and wait for the government to pay us the EV incentive.

Despite only a few orders were confirmed here (compared with USA and Japan), there are rumors and people anouncing they're considering canceling their orders because of these game changes. Me too, actually... the cost is already overpriced and we are a family of 4 (2 children) and these are troubling times for us...

Maybe in a couple years, we're gonna be able to re-think buying an EV, probably a Leaf 2.0, who knows ???

I'm going to continue checking this great forum, anyway.

:(

Sad .... :cry:

Are the government incentives in trouble ? Or are they guaranteed ?

How long is the wait to receive the money back from the government ? Are you able to get a loan on the car to cover the time of the waiting time ?

LEAFer said:
Sad .... :cry:

Are the government incentives in trouble ? Or are they guaranteed ?

How long is the wait to receive the money back from the government ? Are you able to get a loan on the car to cover the time of the waiting time ?

As you may already know, our country is about to be rescued by the IMF and the European Union...

Worse austerity times are beggining to show on the horizont and, most surprisingly, Nissan has somehow changed the rules by asking us to pay the 6500 Euros in advance and wait for the government to pay us back in 5 days.
This made us think that we should be carefull as well...

We could loan those six and a half grant but, surely these are NOT the times for any more loans, at least for this part of the world. Most importantly, again, I wonder why as Nissan lost trust in the government, a few months after they've made such an advertised agreement.

We feel sorry to not "catching your wave", I mean, not being able to get into this new mobility era and keep-up with you guys... at least, for now!

Perhaps, much later, we can get our hands on a brand new Tesla Model S, who knows ???

Fingers crossed!

Essiemme said:
...Nissan has somehow changed the rules by asking us to pay the 6500 Euros in advance and wait for the government to pay us back in 5 days.
Are you sure that it's Nissan that changed the rules? Could it be the government that is refusing to pay the money direct to Nissan?

davewill said:
Essiemme said:
...Nissan has somehow changed the rules by asking us to pay the 6500 Euros in advance and wait for the government to pay us back in 5 days.
Are you sure that it's Nissan that changed the rules? Could it be the government that is refusing to pay the money direct to Nissan?

One way or the other, it's certainly not our fault...

But, yes... that's why we became affraid we could never receive our most well deserved incentive money... speccially now that our politics is a mess.

Essiemme said:
One way or the other, it's certainly not our fault...

But, yes... that's why we became affraid we could never receive our most well deserved incentive money... speccially now that our politics is a mess.
That's not the point. The point is that if you're going to try and fix this problem, you have to know where to aim your complaints. Start by demanding an explanation from Nissan for the change, then move on to whoever IS at fault here.

Sure, it might not work, but what good is giving up without trying?

Essiemme said:
Most importantly, again, I wonder why as Nissan lost trust in the government, a few months after they've made such an advertised agreement.
Essiemme said:
Seems to me that you've answered your own question...

I really do hope this gets worked out for you, and your family.
Global warming and the ecosystem is a world-wide problem, and I applaud you and your countrymen for trying to be a part of the solution.

Rake said:
I really do hope this gets worked out for you, and your family.
Global warming and the ecosystem is a world-wide problem, and I applaud you and your countrymen for trying to be a part of the solution.

Thanks, Rake.

You're 100% right. I said I probably am going to "abandon ship" but we'll get back later, for sure... just let the storm go by...

I'm happy to say there are few of us (Tugas) who are going to stay on the boat, I know there were 3 cars delivered and some more to come soon... these guys are going to pay the incentives on their own and for that, I take my hat off !!

Hurray !!!

Correction!

Portuguese Leafers are NOT in trouble!!!

The guys who have received their Leafs have indeed received their finantial incentives.

It took time but it happened.

I'm back in the line... (let's hope the law is not changed until I receive mine :?)

Greetings from this side of the atlantic.

sm

Back