quick charge changes language

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddieb

when i quick charge from time to time... the navigation screen language changes?
doesn't happen all the time.... ever heard of this? anyone?

I have used DCQC numerous times with 2011 and 2015 and never had it affect the navigation system. I have had both cars set trouble codes a few times when there were communication issues between the car and charger. In those cases, I used LEAF Spy Pro to clear the DTCs and allow charging at other stations.

Interesting. Sounds like a glitch. Hardware issue I am sure. This falls under the "is is inconvenient enough for me to take the time to take it in so they can tell me intermittent issues are nearly impossible to diagnose and fix?"

FYI; My LEAF randomly changes the airflow setting for no apparent reason. I actually have a video of this happening in my 2016 but it also happened on EVERY LEAF I have had except my 2011.

Do I care? umm, not enough to do anything about it other than to change it back to the setting I had. I can say it happens 3-4X more often when I have AC on with "face" and I can say the phantom default setting is always foot/defrost.

Out of superstition, I take care to keep my LEAF in "off" mode during any quick-charging ON/OFF state changes. It is useful (particularly in winter) to run the HVAC off the charger power, but to do that, I turn the car into ON (or is it ACC? ) AFTER charging commences, and turn the car back OFF before terminating the QC. There may not be any scientific basis for the practice, but the fact remains that my LEAF has never been charged by a stampeding rhino during ANY of my DCQC sessions.

Levenkay said:
Out of superstition, I take care to keep my LEAF in "off" mode during any quick-charging ON/OFF state changes. It is useful (particularly in winter) to run the HVAC off the charger power, but to do that, I turn the car into ON (or is it ACC? ) AFTER charging commences, and turn the car back OFF before terminating the QC. There may not be any scientific basis for the practice, but the fact remains that my LEAF has never been charged by a stampeding rhino during ANY of my DCQC sessions.

You can do the same in run mode as well. I do it all the time with A/C anyway. I don't turn off LEAF when charge is complete but I do have to "restart" it to get it to move.

Back