Taking over the thread to keep the first post updated.
What we know so far
- USB stick works for music
- CD player works for audio cds and compressed music (mp3 etc)
- Audio CD-RW: Works as regular audio CD. If it has CD-text, it will be displayed.
- MP3s on CD-RW: Works. Each folder of MP3s is an album. No cover art.
- MP3s on DVD+RW: Not recognized. I guess the disk player only works with CDs and their variants.
- iPhone: Tested Bluetooth A2DP and it works but its functionality seems limited to pause/play of whatever is currently playing.
- Radio text is displayed-for example, KOST FM will show name of current song.
What we guess
- Leaf has BlueTooth AVRCP Level 1 which will allow devices with bluetooth (mostly smartphones) to play/skip/pause music. metadata etc will not be shown
- The SD card reader may or may not play music. "I couldn't get it to recognize this card in Slot A. It is possible that you would have to navigate the menus and maybe "mount" it. Slot B was already occupied by an SD card for the NAV system."
Check the chapter 4 of Maxima 2011 manual. The features are likely to be same.http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/refgh0v/ ... Maxima.pdf