NISSAN LEAF PRICING

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovecars

It's been a long time coming, but finally Nissan has released pricing info!

Apparently in the USA, here are the costs of the Nissan Leaf:

After Tax Savings, as low as $25,280
Lease for $349 per month

Lease: $25,280 is the amount after a manufacturer incentive applied to a 36-month lease financed through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT") resulting in an adjusted capitalized cost of $24,441 based upon estimates and a hypothetical offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include manufacturer incentive of $7,500 in lieu of federal tax credit available to NILT by law, assumed non-refundable $595 acquisition fee and assumed dealer contribution. Requires a $1,999 initial customer payment ($1,650 customer down payment and $349 first month's payment). Excludes tax, title and license. Security deposit not required. Subject to credit approval.

Retail Sale: After federal tax value subject to taxpayer's eligibility to offset maximum $7,500 in federal tax credits.

Excerpt from the Nissan USA Website
http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/pricing.jsp?intcmp=Princing_Details.EV_Micro.Home.P2.Leaf.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
After tax savings, net as low as $25,2801
MSRP $32,7802 with Federal tax savings from $0 to $7,5003
MSRP includes three years of complimentary roadside assistance.

State and local incentives may further decrease the cost4:

¦$5,000 statewide rebate in California
¦$5,000 tax credit in Georgia
¦$1,500 tax credit in Oregon
¦Carpool-lane access in some states, including California
Lease Offer
$349 per month1 for 36 months after $1,999 initial payment

Trim Levels
The Nissan LEAF™ will have two trim levels available: the SV and the SL.

The SV trim level includes an advanced navigation system and Internet/smart phone connectivity to the vehicle.

The SL trim level adds several convenience features, including rearview monitor, solar panel spoiler, fog lights, and automatic headlights for an additional $940 (MSRP).

Charging Dock Cost
Nissan has announced it will be offering personal charging docks, which operate on a 220-volt supply, in tandem with the purchase process. Nissan is providing these home-charging stations, which will be built and installed by AeroVironment, as part of a one-stop shopping process that includes a home assessment and installation of the dock. The average cost for the home charger plus installation will be $2,200. Chargers and installation will be eligible for a 50 percent federal tax credit up to $2,0005.

Exclusive Offer
The Nissan LEAF™ is the sole vehicle available through The EV Project, led by EV infrastructure provider eTec. As part of this program, eTec will be providing free home charging stations and installation for up to 4,700 Nissan LEAF™ owners6.

Oh man, what's all the talk about the Leaf being under $30000? Only because of government grants....

It'd be nive to have a price under $30k for the Nissan Leaf and then the grants would actually be a bonus - now they are just a necessity to get the price down!

Woohoo! Finally the time has come!

What does everyone think? Is the pricing where they had hoped it would be?

The Nissan Leaf pricing is right around where I expected it to be.

Am I happy with it? Of course not, I wanted the Leaf to be free :lol:

When I purchased my RAV4-EV in 2002 it was $42,000 and then there were some rebates. So this is a move in the right direction.

Was I hoping for lower? Yes, I really hoped they could put the real MSRP under $30,000. But batteries have not gotten any cheaper in the past 8 years, and are only slightly more powerful. So that is still the bottleneck that keeps both cost and weight up above where it should be.

Back