SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: Update on Nissan LEAF Battery Replacement

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm

fotajoye wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
tjleis wrote:Hi.. I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm concerned that Nissan wont help you with a battery replacement. I have been driving 2011 leaf for over two years.. Its down to 7 bars and the dealer says the battery is still under warranty. Can I expect any issues from Nissan to have them honor the warranty. From looking at some comments in this forum I'm unsure what to expect from Nissan.

Your dealer is confused. There is a battery defect warranty that is still in effect but that will not apply to degradation. The battery degradation warranty has lapsed in your car.

Your situation is interesting; please let us know how you make out and the costs; Dealing with Nissan can be difficult; but, who knows, you may get a special deal.

Who knows ? We know.
Ever since the goodwill program ended years ago, Nissan has without exception told owners of LEAFs with degraded batteries to pound sand from the moment that the warranty lapses. There is ZERO reason to think his case will be treated differently.

I understand that you have a vested interest in seeing people continue to call Nissan but don't be an asshole by suggesting that his situation is somehow more likely to gain Nissan help than anybody else.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

solartim

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 am

tjleis wrote:Hi.. I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm concerned that Nissan wont help you with a battery replacement. I have been driving 2011 leaf for over two years.. Its down to 7 bars and the dealer says the battery is still under warranty. Can I expect any issues from Nissan to have them honor the warranty. From looking at some comments in this forum I'm unsure what to expect from Nissan.

Previous replies are accurate, if your battery totally dies before 2021 you're covered. Hopefully the Fenix Power battery comes through. They are including a thermal management system, so it should be more reliable. Check out viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26597

fotajoye
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 669

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm

SageBrush wrote:I understand that you have a vested interest in seeing people continue to call Nissan but don't be an asshole by suggesting that his situation is somehow more likely to gain Nissan help than anybody else.

Do not call people names or assume their motives are adverse, when you don't know; that's the stuff of high school and we work to keep the forum open and encourage people to treat each other civilly. With statements like this you drive people away and cheat the members from gaining information.

My statement to the other member was to find out if Nissan has changed their policy and pricing on replacement batteries in other areas of the country...information of an important nature for those who may face dealing with Nissan in the future, perhaps even you.

If you have a grievance against Nissan, take Nissan to task, not the people on this forum, who are attempting to share information with one another.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”