Apple Watch??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngregg

Anyone have an idea on whether Nissan will come out with an app for the Apple Watch similar to what now exists for the iPhone? Rumor has it that Apple is partnering with various automakers in an effort to have the watch replace the key fob. Thoughts?

icrap for your wrist! yeah!

just get an android watch and you have leaf notification which works on wear.

I prefer samsung but watch out we have samsung crap or scrap available now (S6 non repl battery non expandable memory ie junk like the iphone)

hopefully they don't ruin the Note 5 like they ruined the S6 because I really want the new faster f1.9 camera.

If it will replace my key fob, I'm complete in. Would even consider it for pre-heat although the life on my Car Wings is limited due the 2G EOL thing.

Somewhere, I had a link to a Nissan brand smart watch concept with similar functions. I'll have to look for it.

found it: http://www.cnet.com/news/nissan-smartwatch-links-car-and-driver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

j.

I don't know if the Apple Watch will be a success.

I'd wager that after launch, Apple will sell more watches in 24 hours than all other smart watch makers have sold in two years time COMBINED.

Then Samsung will start making knockoffs.

I'll probably get one. Maybe I'll write a LEAF-related app for it.

Apple is the king of knockoffs. I cant remember the last time they innovated or invented anything.

What they are good at is taking 2 year old tech and making is very pretty very polished and yes very good quality (although also proprietary and disposable)

Btw they will sell a solid f&$@ ton of theae watched. Millions of them.

not interested. I NEVER use the FOB. its in my pocket ALL the time. But having a watch would not allow me to not carry something in my pocket so it does nothing for me

I jave a gwatchr and i do like it. I can read and kill mail and texts from the watch. Get directions ealking and dictate simple commands.

It is handy and it looks like a normal watch with a nice round display

No need to pull my phone for simple stuff.

I especially love being able to start the leafs hvac with a tap

Now mjnd you i got it on sale for $209.00

I do not think i would want it badly enough to pay $320 for it.

But at $200 inconsider it a good value.

DaveinOlyWA said:
not interested. I NEVER use the FOB. its in my pocket ALL the time. But having a watch would not allow me to not carry something in my pocket so it does nothing for me
Well, suppose that instead of replacing the fob it displayed the iphone version of LEAF Spy. Would that be of use to some LEAF drivers?

As an AAPL shareholder I'm hoping the iWatch isn't a complete flop. But I don't own any iDevices, not one.

I love most of Apple's stuff but the watch doesn't resonate with me. Mostly because the short time between charges makes it too fussy. I guess I'm waiting for better batteries!! :lol:

dgpcolorado said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Well, suppose that instead of replacing the fob it displayed the iphone version of LEAF Spy. Would that be of use to some LEAF drivers?

As an AAPL shareholder I'm hoping the iWatch isn't a complete flop. But I don't own any iDevices, not one.

that might be nice but really dependent on the pricing. Apple tends to be more than I want to pay for most of their stuff. the other thing about Apple is their "my way or the highway" attitude about too much stuff. I am not up on the LEAF Spy connection issues with the standard BT enabled devices but apparently Apple decided a universal protocol was not in their wheelhouse or something? pretty vague on the details since I don't really do Apple but there was something

I wonder if this was written with that Smart Watch! :lol:

nerys said:
I jave a gwatchr and i do like it. I can read and kill mail and texts from the watch. Get directions ealking and dictate simple commands.

The upcoming Pebble Time Steel holds far for interest for me! 10 day battery life, among many other features...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-time-awesome-smartwatch-no-compromises" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nubo said:
I love most of Apple's stuff but the watch doesn't resonate with me. Mostly because the short time between charges makes it too fussy. I guess I'm waiting for better batteries!! :lol:

A single day batter life, like is expected from the Apple Watch, actually makes sense. You will be trained to charge it nightly. A Pebble or what have you - with a 4 day battery life - you will charge "whenever" and undoubtedly end up in a spot where it runs out of juice.

I am far more intrigued by an analog watch. Tissot is working great for me.
Way too busy to manage all that digital junk on my wrist.
Good luck to all that need one more connection and distraction. Will people be punching up buttons etc while driving? :|

Take a look at the keyboard on your phone.

notice some of the mistyped letters and their locations on the keyboard relative to the correct keys I should have pressed.

now insert gigantic hands on that keyboard. even my Note 4 keyboard is tiny compared to my hands and touch recognition seems to be worse lately. Hmmm I wonder if the glass screen protector is making key touch identification worse..... Interesting idea.

Did you have any point at all in your post or were you just trolling because you had nothing "actually useful" to add to the conversation?

I only found 4 errors all mistyped keys.

jave-have - ealking-walking - mjnd-mind - inconsider to i consider.

so again. anything useful to add or just being a stupid troll?

TomT said:
I wonder if this was written with that Smart Watch! :lol:

nerys said:

smkettner said:
Way too busy to manage all that digital junk on my wrist.
Good luck to all that need one more connection and distraction. Will people be punching up buttons etc while driving? :|

actually I like my gwatchr because it reduces my distractions.

no need to press any buttons. if I get a text or a notification or an email it vibrates I twist my wrist glance at the display and keep doing whatever I am doing unless it requires my attention (then I pull out the phone)

it greatly reduces how much I need to pull out the phone. I find that hand. less distraction. less annoyance. less interruption.

Yep, I have a ton of analog watches too, of all kinds and genres. My daily wearing favorite is my Casio Pathfinder solar Triple Sensor... My rule is that a watch has to do at least five things! ;)

smkettner said:

Back