2016 Nissan LEAF Information - 30 kWh SV/SL, 24 kWh S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
***Disclaimer***

I didn't find any of this info posted here so I apologize in advance if this is a repost.

Don't ask, just read.

2016 LEAF trim levels will break down as follows:

S 24kWh
SV 30kWh
SL 30kWh

Available Exterior Colors:

Forged Bronze
Brilliant Silver
Glacier White
Gun Metallic
Coulis Red
Deep Blue Pearl
Super Black
Pearl White

Available Options Packages:

Charger Package is still an option on the S model and still contains the ChaDeMo port and the 6.6kW OBC. No more QC + LED Headlight Package option on the SV, that equipment appears to come as standard on the '16 SV (not confirmed but I don't see the option so I'm assuming the ChaDeMo port is standard, not sure about the LED headlights but I'd bet those are there as well). Premium Package with Bose + AVM is still an option on both the SV and the SL (really should be standard on the SL IMO).

In short, bigger battery, more colors, many of which will be debuting on the A36 Maxima (Coulis Red and Forged Bronze). No more MorningSky Blue which is a shame as it was a nice color on the '15, but Deep Blue Pearl is one hell of a color IMO. It was originally an R35 GT-R exclusive color which found it's way onto the Z34 for 2016 and will also be available on the A36 '16 Maxima, I think most folks will love it. Anyways, hope this isn't a repost, enjoy being in the know.

Aloha

30kWh pack would translate to roughly 105 mile range.
84 miles / 24 kWh = x / 30 kWh

Any thoughts when 2016 will be available?

Nice to see a range increase but I had hoped for at least 36 kWh. I guess we'll have to wait for 2017 or later for real range increase.

bruddahmanmatt said:
***Disclaimer***

I didn't find any of this info posted here so I apologize in advance if this is a repost.

I am curious to where you got the information? Dealership ordering catalog update that has these new specs ahead of the half year mark?

Nice -- the two battery sizes seems like a very nice transition to a larger battery down the road!

bruddahmanmatt said:
SV 30kWh
SL 30kWh

25% increase in capacity? I guess that's a start, but falls quite short of what most of us were hoping for. But, that 25% would be enough in my case to remove any range anxiety. Now, if they would just offer us an upgrade option to the 30kWh pack when they give me my warranty replacement pack. I'd gladly pay them an extra couple grand. :cool:

Why pay attention to someone who posts non-verifiable information (speculation) for their very first post on MNL??? :lol:

Strange that his or her account is from back in 2012, yet this is the first post. The info certainly "sounds" legit, but who knows?

bruddahmanmatt said:
***Disclaimer***

Don't ask, just read.

2016 LEAF trim levels will break down as follows:

S 24kWh
SV 30kWh
SL 30kWh
OK Nissan, I really wish that you had done this a year ago. If you had done this sooner, I might still be your customer.

Now if you would just extend the capacity warrantee to 100,000 miles instead of 60,000 it would be worth a 2nd look.

NYLEAF said:
Strange that his or her account is from back in 2012, yet this is the first post. The info certainly "sounds" legit, but who knows?

Long time lurker, never post much as you can tell. I tend to stick to the Z/G boards over at The370Z.com and G35Driver.com given that I drive a '13 Z34 but I'm a pretty big Nissan guy all the way around and sometimes post over at Maxima.org and JukeForums.com. I can't blame the doubters for doubting, I'd probably be weary too if the tables were turned, but as you can see here:

http://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...ma-official-release-photos-5.html#post9026727

I posted the trim level breakdown and color availability way before the A36 was unveiled in New York. Guess the non-believers will have to find out for themselves whether or not what I posted is legit. :mrgreen:

bruddahmanmatt said:
I posted the trim level breakdown and color availability way before the A36 was unveiled in New York. Guess the non-believers will have to find out for themselves whether or not what I posted is legit. :mrgreen:
Good answer! Here's hoping. Will current Leaf owners be able to buy a 30 kwh Lizard pack to upgrade their Leaf?

You leaked the Maxima's colors in February, it was unveiled in April, and it's available this summer. So that's like 5 or 6 months from when you had your information to when it came out. So are we looking at October/November for the 2016 Leaf?

30 kWh would be nice. You can get it now with the Soul, of course, but two options in the just-barely-over-100-mile camp would certainly be nice. That would mean one charge stop for me on the way to Eugene (instead of two), and it might actually make a trip up to Vancouver just enough less annoying to be doable.

This appears to be Nissan's answer to the Kia Soul EV, but obviously they will have to compete against the GM Bolt in just 1.5 years (likely a 36-40kWh battery).

The Tesla Model 3 will likely be offered as a 50kWh car, with a real 200 mile range at 55mph on perfect days.

DanCar said:
jhm614 said:
Nice -- the two battery sizes seems like a very nice transition to a larger battery down the road!
I'll theorize that the 24kWh is just software limited version of 30kWh.
I'll theorize that the 24kWh packs are a way for them to get rid of any inventory of the old chemistry while they transition to the new chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back