2016 models in NC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w6vms

Looks like they're starting to trickle in, Jordan Nissan in Durham has a couple of '16 SVs. The lease deals are horrible compared to the 2013 models, though, I might just try to negotiate on a 2015 instead.

w6vms said:
Looks like they're starting to trickle in, Jordan Nissan in Durham has a couple of '16 SVs. The lease deals are horrible compared to the 2013 models, though, I might just try to negotiate on a 2015 instead.

Can you please provide the details of the lease offered for 2016 SV?

Two year lease, 15.000 miles/year, $486/mo with $1500 due at signing. By comparison, my '13 SV was $212/mo with $900 due at signing, for the same terms.

w6vms said:
Two year lease, 15.000 miles/year, $486/mo with $1500 due at signing. By comparison, my '13 SV was $212/mo with $900 due at signing, for the same terms.
WOW. That is insane.
We somehow managed to get out 2013 SV for $205/mo with $205 at signing, 12k miles/yr. Two dealerships were fighting in the last 2 hours before they closed for the month. A few months later, that car was totaled (not our fault). We looked into leasing a replacement identical vehicle and were quoted double, $400/mo with $400 at signing. We were getting ready to purchase an ICE at that point. But Leith Nissan was able to pursue a substitution of collateral for us and we were able to get a replacement 2013 SV on our existing lease.

Some of these new prices are insanely high. We've never leased before. Purchase prices don't double overnight. We looked at a BMW i3 the other day. In October, they were running a deal for $229/mo w $2500 at signing, or $269 for a REX w $2500 at signing but only 10k mi/yr. Now its much worse.

I had thought we'd have plenty of time and choices to replace the LEAF, but its not looking that way. I've been looking for used 2013 SV w quick charge for months and have only seen one at a reasonable price. I'm amazed that 2 months later, not one has shown up. That route isn't looking likely anymore.

2016s sound unreasonably priced for leases and probably purchase.
I haven't checked on 2015 yet, but with residuals dropping like a rock (rightly so), I'd be surprised if they're anywhere near as good as what we got in 2013.

Despite all the promises, no other manufacturer has brought a reasonably priced BEV to market in NC. VW talks tough but doesn't do much more than compliance. Kia is a no-go.

I had even started looking at used Tesla's, but discovered low priced Teslas on cars.com are scams. 3 different listings all over the united states were really the same person who didn't have a car at all, just trying to get you to cough up bank account numbers. Same car picture used that is an actual car, but not for sale. They produced a carfax report for a different car. I hate scammers.

Looks like we should seriously consider an ICE again. At least for a while.

At $486/month you might as well buy instead of lease. But that's just the beginning price for folks that have to have it now. Deals will be much better when the new leaf is ready to turn over.

The insanely high lease offer on 2016 SV maybe a way to push customers towards 2015 to clear out the remaining stock. As it is we are seeing just a trickle of 2016s in only some areas. I am guessing it will take some more time for the 2016 lease prices to hit a reasonable level.

Clearly they don't plan to lease many, if any, 2016s! Only a complete fool would take that deal!
I can get a 2016 Volt Premier version for far less than that...

w6vms said:

dm33 said:
I've been looking for used 2013 SV w quick charge for months and have only seen one at a reasonable price. I'm amazed that 2 months later, not one has shown up. That route isn't looking likely anymore.

Are there QC stations in Raleigh, besides at the Nissan dealerships? My '13 SV has just the level 2 charger, I didn't think QC would be worth having in this area (I'm also in Raleigh).

w6vms said:
dm33 said:
I've been looking for used 2013 SV w quick charge for months and have only seen one at a reasonable price. I'm amazed that 2 months later, not one has shown up. That route isn't looking likely anymore.

Are there QC stations in Raleigh, besides at the Nissan dealerships? My '13 SV has just the level 2 charger, I didn't think QC would be worth having in this area (I'm also in Raleigh).

I'm not very familiar with the area but a quick glance on plugshare shows about 13 in Raleigh - Durham area.

I am in Bay Area and here are the deals we have on 2016 Leaf at 2 dealer ships
SV - 486$ , 2500$ down, 12K , 36 months . No signs of negotiation or anything.
SL - is 30$ more but didn't have any in stock .

2015 model - A friend of mine walked away with 99.00$ Per month, 36 months, 12 K, and 2500$ down
CA state gives 2500$ in rebate for EV car. I don't remember the trim, it was the base model.

forbayca said:
2015 model - A friend of mine walked away with 99.00$ over month, 36 months, 12 K, and 2500$ down
CA state gives 2500$ in rebate for EV car. I don't remember the trim, it was the base model.

That's a good deal even if it is a S trim!!

inphoenix said:
The insanely high lease offer on 2016 SV maybe a way to push customers towards 2015 to clear out the remaining stock. As it is we are seeing just a trickle of 2016s in only some areas. I am guessing it will take some more time for the 2016 lease prices to hit a reasonable level.

Thinking as much, I went to Fred Anderson Nissan last weekend to see if they were ready to come down on the '15s. Even with 2 '16 S's on their "overflow lot" (code for "holding here until we can sell last year's models), they weren't doing much on the '15 SV. There was a good financing deal, but no major lease deals. There is $5K from NMAC and the dealership was "throwing in" another $2500, so $7500 off of MSRP.

I bought a used '13 SV instead.

I ended up leasing a '15 SV, the deals on the '16 models are just too high now, and my '13 SV lease would've been up soon. Mainly, the tires were barely at the limit, and I didn't want to spend money on those.

So, off I drive into the sunset, with a new '15 SV black/black.

Jefe said:
inphoenix said:

Thinking as much, I went to Fred Anderson Nissan last weekend to see if they were ready to come down on the '15s. Even with 2 '16 S's on their "overflow lot" (code for "holding here until we can sell last year's models), they weren't doing much on the '15 SV. There was a good financing deal, but no major lease deals. There is $5K from NMAC and the dealership was "throwing in" another $2500, so $7500 off of MSRP.

I bought a used '13 SV instead.
where did you find a used 13 sv? How much?
I've been looking for months and have only seen one under 11k w quick charge. We're getting ready to order an ICE and see what LEAFs turn up while we wait for it to be built.

dm33 said:
I've been looking for months and have only seen one under 11k w quick charge. We're getting ready to order an ICE and see what LEAFs turn up while we wait for it to be built.

there is a small dealer (iimotors.com) in Durham that bought 40 off-lease Leafs back in Feb-March. He was down to only 4 left.
I got the SV for $10500. It does NOT have QC though. It has premium package, but no QC. I decided based on the availability of QC near me, it was not a huge priority.

Jefe said:
dm33 said:

there is a small dealer (iimotors.com) in Durham that bought 40 off-lease Leafs back in Feb-March. He was down to only 4 left.
I got the SV for $10500. It does NOT have QC though. It has premium package, but no QC. I decided based on the availability of QC near me, it was not a huge priority.
Thanks. I don't see any LEAFs on their site currently. I've been scanning cars.com and had never seen this dealer show up. I've been amazed that I've seen so few reasonably priced LEAFs on Cars.com. We're about to give up pretty soon and get an ICE. Not sure where else to look. Maybe there was a wave of used LEAFs that went by and they're all gone?

dm33 said:
Thanks. I don't see any LEAFs on their site currently. I've been scanning cars.com and had never seen this dealer show up. I've been amazed that I've seen so few reasonably priced LEAFs on Cars.com. We're about to give up pretty soon and get an ICE. Not sure where else to look. Maybe there was a wave of used LEAFs that went by and they're all gone?
Find one in TN and I'll drive it to you. :D I've already made a long haul trip through both NC and SC and was surprised at how well the DCQC networks were in great condition, clean, covered areas.

dm33 said:

yeah the Leafs never showed up on their site. I found them via AutoTrader.com. Looks like he's down to 3 S's

Jefe said:
dm33 said:

yeah the Leafs never showed up on their site. I found them via AutoTrader.com. Looks like he's down to 3 S's
Are you sure its iimotors.com? On the website they have 0 LEAFs. http://www.iimotors.com/vehicles?SearchString=leaf or http://www.iimotors.com/vehicles?Make=Nissan

dm33 said:
Are you sure its iimotors.com? On the website they have 0 LEAFs. http://www.iimotors.com/vehicles?SearchString=leaf or http://www.iimotors.com/vehicles?Make=Nissan

I'm positive. The same thing threw me. I would search auto trader and find their Leafs, then search their site and find nothing. I finally contacted them via the form on auto trader. The guy's name is Steve, he is Asian and I'd describe his demeanor as very stern. Very short on words, and not a typical used car salesman.

The Leaf I bought had 14,800 miles on it and it was like new. Very well kept, raised in Illinois on a 24-mo lease, driven by a woman. I'm not sure why but it had survived on the lot longer than the other 40 he says he bought at auction. Maybe because he had it marked at $12999 in the window. I "needed" him to come down $100 on the price and he wouldn't budge. He let me drive away. But I still feel like I got a great deal and I think it's a great car.

Back