2015 Dec Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 1347 - Total 13699

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

As expected the Leaf numbers are low. With the high lease prices on '16, the sales won't improve. For the first time Leaf is #4 for the month !

Also, really impressive numbers for i8.

DeeAgeaux said:
So what is the best selling electric car in the USA in 2015?

In the U.S., according to http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/, it is the Model S.

Meanwhile, Nissan had a very good year, and a great month.

Selling....ICEVs.

Nissan sets records as 4 key nameplates climb

...Nissan Division tallied 124,207 sales last month, up 18 percent from a year earlier and a December record. Its year ended with a record 1,351,420 sales, up 6.4 percent from 2014...
http://www.autonews.com/article/20160105/RETAIL01/301059948/nissan-sets-records-as-4-key-nameplates-climb

It's really sad to see what's happened to the enthusiasm around electric cars..quite a setback with most, if not all, states discounting their electric car incentives. And what happened to the 10K federal rebate that the President talked about? So much for doing something really easy and meaningful about clean air. Nissan doesn't seem to be doing anything to promote the sale of Leafs..Leases high, inventory on dealers lot. My dealer has a 15 that's been in the showroom for months..and they were a huge promoter/seller of Leafs.

Almost looks like Nissan ran out of steam or dropped the ball. The Bolt will leave them in the dust with it's 200 mile range and what does Nissan have...slightly bigger/more efficient pack, but at quite a price, all in an outdated style. Hopefully the Leaf's won't end up in the "Dollar Stores," with all of the other bankrupt and cast off goods...and...when the Tesla's 35K car hits the market, my '13 Sl will be a collectors item in another 35 years. Ugh

TomT said:
Yep, that is why I am walking away from Nissan when I drop off my car the beginning of March...

greengate said:
Almost looks like Nissan ran out of steam or dropped the ball.

Our lease extension on our 2012 is up in May. If they have a realistic wholesale price, I would consider buying it.

Given NMAC and dealer attitudes I am not convinced Nissan wants the electric market. I am hoping they will show some balls like Mary Barra did at CES. With her enthusiasm and the details put out to the public about the Bolt, my wife and I were hooked emotionally and intellectually.

Right now Nissan has given out nothing of consequence to hope for other that a thin promise of perhaps 200 miles range.

greengate said:
It's really sad to see what's happened to the enthusiasm around electric cars..quite a setback with most, if not all, states discounting their electric car incentives. And what happened to the 10K federal rebate that the President talked about? <snip>
That used to get added to the President's budget proposal every year, solely for the base, and with the knowledge that there was absolutely no chance of its passage. This year, I don't think they bothered, giving the Republicans more time to devote to passing an equally meaningless repeal of Obamacare.

GRA said:
greengate said:
It's really sad to see what's happened to the enthusiasm around electric cars..quite a setback with most, if not all, states discounting their electric car incentives. And what happened to the 10K federal rebate that the President talked about? <snip>
That used to get added to the President's budget proposal every year, solely for the base, and with the knowledge that there was absolutely no chance of its passage. This year, I don't think they bothered, giving the Republicans more time to devote to passing an equally meaningless repeal of Obamacare.

Sucks doesn't it..with few exceptions all of these people in congress are not only worthless, they are chin deep in dark water proclaiming to stand above the rest of the population they were elected to serve, but somehow, once elected the coin flips to the other side and they become the royalty.

I wonder what the assembly and battery plant at Nissan looks like. 2/3's in darkness with the lights shut off.? How about the people. Have they lost their jobs or they now making gas guzzling and CO2 polluting trucks just to keep bread and water on the table for themselves and their families. I wonder how many sales people left Nissan given the companies seemingly apparent direction or have they too moved to "the dark side," selling trucks and SUV's. Wonder if the vehicle manufactures have looked far enough down the road to see that with global warming there will be no need for SUV's to take the kids to hockey practice as there will be no ice or will they be taking them to the dermatologists in their SUV's for the treatment of skin cancer, having lost the protective elements of the atmosphere to the tail pipe.

Just some regurgitation of my disappointment in the electric car market here in the US. Now China, well that's a WHOLE different matter, with huge government incentive for the production and use of EV's. Anyone up for some pot stickers?

Their "realistic"price for mine was more than 2 1/2 times what it would sell for at auction and well above high retail... No thanks!

Turnover said:
Our lease extension on our 2012 is up in May. If they have a realistic wholesale price, I would consider buying it.

evnow said:
I wonder what happened there w/the i8? (Side note: One showed up at my work. I know the driver.)

Did they perhaps end up getting "sold" and then get turned into used cars? The only reason why I mention that is my friend accidentally stumbled across a surprisingly high # of used low mileage i8's listed on autotrader. At the time (recently), he found 168 used i3 but 140 used i8! :?:

Take a look at http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/BMW/i8/Los+Angeles+CA-90024?endYear=2017&firstRecord=0&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&makeCode1=BMW&mmt=%5BBMW%5BBMWI8%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=BMWI8&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=415507379&showcaseOwnerId=94837&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=1981&Log=0. I count about a dozen with under 150 miles on them, including some used ones with between 5 and 18 miles.

cwerdna said:
evnow said:
I wonder what happened there w/the i8? (Side note: One showed up at my work. I know the driver.)

Did they perhaps end up getting "sold" and then get turned into used cars? The only reason why I mention that is my friend accidentally stumbled across a surprisingly high # of used low mileage i8's listed on autotrader. At the time (recently), he found 168 used i3 but 140 used i8! :?:

Take a look at http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/BMW/i8/Los+Angeles+CA-90024?endYear=2017&firstRecord=0&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&makeCode1=BMW&mmt=%5BBMW%5BBMWI8%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=BMWI8&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=415507379&showcaseOwnerId=94837&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=1981&Log=0. I count about a dozen with under 150 miles on them, including some used ones with between 5 and 18 miles.

Girl friends probably didn't like them..wanted furs and diamonds instead. :D

Insideevs reporting only 755 sold in January. 3000 inventory, 2200 of that '16s, and 1100 of that 30 kWh, not well distributed. Also, incentives much better for February, an SV for $29k before credits.

Insideevs reporting 930 sold in January (in USA). I doubt that sales in EU are any good either - lease offer, I recently received was firmly in territory of a bad joke.

Sales in Japan are very good (2500+) in both January and February.

Back