2012 SL sold date

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenpoint

Hi, New to LEAF... Just picked up a 2012 SL LEAF last week, in looking over carfax it appears to be shipped to NY 3/30/12
are there any Car fax guru's or warranty warriors that can help interpret? car shows as one owner car.

3/30/12 manufactured and shipped to ny
5/19/12 vehicle offered for sale
5/24/12 pre del inspection, safety inspection, window tint installed
5/24/12 ny inspection
2/23/13 pre delivery inspection, safety inspection, ny state inpection mileage shows 4045
2/24/13 Vehicle sold

So first time it shows as sold is 2/24/13

3/29/2013 shows title issued

Question is does warranty start 2/24/13 vehicle sold, I'm guessing it might have been a dealer car not registered until it was sold and warranty starts 2/14/13.

greenpoint said:
Question is does warranty start 2/24/13 vehicle sold, I'm guessing it might have been a dealer car not registered until it was sold and warranty starts 2/14/13.

It will be a challenge to find out, although it is essential for The Settlement. The "in service" date is the date sold, unless it is a dealer demo. I don't know if there are any LEAFs with an "in service" date prior to the first sale, but I wasn't going to take any chances with my 2011.

So I emailed the Nissan Customer Service, and they called and left a message for me to call back. Remember, all they had to do was leave a message stating the answer to my question. So I emailed again, and asked them to email me back with the "in service" date. They called again, and again left a message for me to call. I wrote again, and said that I wanted it in writing. No response. So I finally had to file a case with the BBB, yes, just to find out the "in service" date for the car.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

Wow, I expected a riddle, but they seem slippery with the in service date vs the sold date as I had thought it would be the sold date, it was not a big factor in my purchase so I'll do some digging around maybe I'll go straight to the BBB. BTW wow on the sub 3 marathon I'm impressed.

Back