04/29/2010-Has The Nissan LEAF Trumped the Chevy Volt? -

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

http://thearticlewriter.com/autowriter/has-the-nissan-leaf-trumped-the-chevy-volt/
Has The Nissan LEAF Trumped the Chevy Volt?

gas-can.jpg

You won't ever need one of these for your Nissan LEAF!
The pure electric Nissan LEAF isn’t due out until December, but the dominating electric car buzz at this moment seems to be about this model and not about a car that will beat it to the market by at least one month: the Chevrolet Volt. Nissan seems to have cornered the market on all things vehicle electrification lately, pushing the Volt to the side even as GM....
See more here: http://thearticlewriter.com/autowriter/has-the-nissan-leaf-trumped-the-chevy-volt/

edited per request.

Nice.

I just don't want to buy ANY gas, change ANY oil, or think of ANY of the thousands of moving parts in the Volt's engine that is basically redundant to the electric motor. If the Leaf comes close to it's 100 mile range, it's definitely the car to buy for most people, once you take emotion out of the equation. (I know, the first sentence of mine was ALL emotion!! :lol: )

Really good article, thank you sparky. Similarly, the mere number of moving parts and trade-offs involved in a hybrid make me uncomfortable. Simple is better....as long as the batteries hold out!

I'm planning to get a volt or some other PHEV - to replace the other ICE. That way most of our traveling will be without gas - and we would only use gas on longer trips.

GM has played very conservatively with Volt - but milking it for every penny's worth in PR. They are a couple of years late and will probably be a few thousand too expensive (hope not).

ps : I think it is not fair to copy & paste the whole article. Only a few sentences should be quoted here and the readers can go and check the source for full article.

Jimmydreams said:
Nice.

I just don't want to buy ANY gas, change ANY oil, or think of ANY of the thousands of moving parts in the Volt's engine that is basically redundant to the electric motor. If the Leaf comes close to it's 100 mile range, it's definitely the car to buy for most people, once you take emotion out of the equation. (I know, the first sentence of mine was ALL emotion!! :lol: )

Same for me! I wouldn't care if a hybrid got 200 mpg...if it's an ICE, I wouldn't buy it at ANY price.
Jimmy, did you see that chart that someone posted about speeds and mileage? If you go a steady 55mph, u can get 100mpg. If you go 65, you probably could get around 80mpg.

leaffan said:
Same for me! I wouldn't care if a hybrid got 200 mpg...if it's an ICE, I wouldn't buy it at ANY price.
Jimmy, did you see that chart that someone posted about speeds and mileage? If you go a steady 55mph, u can get 100mpg. If you go 65, you probably could get around 80mpg.

I did see that. My commute is 67 miles round trip, including highways. I am 99% sure I'll be able to charge off 110v while at work (8 hours), and the rest of my driving is local stuff. 100% right up Leaf's alley. If I need to drive to LA or Vegas, I have my Ford Escape Hybrid.

I am right on the edge of the Leaf envelope, IMHO. 28 Highway miles each way to work....no gas.....how sweet is that? :D No charge at work? No problem. JUSSSST within limits. Charge at work? BONUS!

Back