NRG New Pricing Structure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

First emails hit the streets yesterday and I got mine this morning. NRG (at least in WA) is offering $2.95 connect fees and 15 cents per minute pricing on their fast chargers.

They also are doing $1.20 an hour on their L2's (which I don't use since I can usually find one that is free...)

EVGO%20price%20change%208-28-16.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfb8r81rsppxvps/EVGO price change 8-28-16.jpg?dl=0

Here in Atlanta, I did two DCQC charges in one week and I was floored by the final bill. Shortly after I signed up for their Flex at $15 a month and $0.10 a minute. Why? I do two trips a week that exceed 140 miles, and for me to get home, I get a bump off their network. For this reason I am so happy I got the car with DCQC. Otherwise my ICE would probably cost 50% of leaf-juice for that trip monthly, but the drive would not be as pleasurable.

DaveinOlyWA said:
First emails hit the streets yesterday and I got mine this morning. NRG (at least in WA) is offering $2.95 connect fees and 15 cents per minute pricing on their fast chargers.

They also are doing $1.20 an hour on their L2's (which I don't use since I can usually find one that is free...)

EVGO%20price%20change%208-28-16.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfb8r81rsppxvps/EVGO price change 8-28-16.jpg?dl=0

+1 -- almost think this is nationwide as it applies here in the Midwest as well -- my notice came along with a reminder that my 90-day free charging was coming to an end on 9/3/16. The 'reduced' rate says its 33% less than before; I do like their stations better than another I tried; seem less quirky and has a logical process with an active screen to show you its current state to get started, plug-in, etc. Their L2 rate is less than Chargepoint's at $2/hr (again, at least in the Midwest).

Back