Joe6pack
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 025854

Re: Nissan "Out-of-Warranty" support for battery pack degradation

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:45 pm

I know of at least one manufacturer that does... Tesla! But I'm sure you didn't want to hear that. :lol:

Nope, not these days. Remember, we are talking outside of warranty. Good luck getting Tesla to do anything after the warranty has expired.
2012 Leaf SL leased October 4th, 2012
Braselton, GA

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Joe6pack wrote:
I know of at least one manufacturer that does... Tesla! But I'm sure you didn't want to hear that. :lol:

Nope, not these days. Remember, we are talking outside of warranty. Good luck getting Tesla to do anything after the warranty has expired.

I look forward to your proof that Tesla has denied battery replacement assistance to any owner for LEAF level degradation.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

Joe6pack

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Lol. Technically, Tesla doesn't have a degredation warranty, only a battery failure warranty. And as of right now, no Tesla besides the roadster is outside that warranty. Also, there is no easy method of identifying degradation on a Tesla as they do not provide access to the BMS. Thus, I am not likely to find anyone denied service outside of warranty.

Now, finding folks denied service for things like door handles outside of warranty is easy as you are well aware from your anti-LEAF trolling exploits on TMC.
Braselton, GA

SageBrush

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Joe6pack wrote:Technically, Tesla doesn't have a degredation warranty, only a battery failure warranty.

That is why I reframed your question asking for *any* complaints of battery degradation in a Tesla.
I have read (I think two) reports of battery degradation that Tesla handled without fuss. NO reports I have read of owners having to put up with LEAF level battery degradation despite cars reaching 200k miles. So your post suggesting that Tesla owners face the same issues with regards to battery degradation as LEAF owners is BS. With or without a specific degradation warranty, this is not a problem for Tesla owners while it consumes the LEAF.

Also, there is no easy method of identifying degradation on a Tesla as they do not provide access to the BMS.

I see you remain clueless
Last edited by SageBrush on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:50 pm

SageBrush wrote:
Joe6pack wrote:

I look forward to your proof that Tesla has denied battery replacement assistance to any owner for LEAF level degradation.

was there not a Tesla owner who COMPLETELY bricked his pack? I heard he got something (after suing) but not sure what?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 27,000 miles.363GID Ahr 79.13Hx95.17%kwh28.1QCs238,L2's 251
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SageBrush

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
Joe6pack wrote:

was there not a Tesla owner who COMPLETELY bricked his pack? I heard he got something (after suing) but not sure what?

Why are you asking about a case of car abuse when the question is Tesla response to battery degradation ?

Joe6pack

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Talk about clueless. There are plenty of stories about Tesla refusing work outside of warranty. You're trying to create a catch 22. Tesla has no degradation warranty nor do they have a universally recognized way to measure degradation. It's that simple. Isolated cases of someone bitching and moaning until they get their way are not a corporate policy.
Braselton, GA

sandeen
Leaf Number: 026685

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm

peter wrote:Just got off of talking to Nissan support after opening an out of warranty battery replacement assistance case for my 2011 Leaf two weeks ago.

He says the official Nissan word is that all out of warranty battery assistance has been ended since last week. Fini.

Oh, man. :( My 2012 is on the edge, but I was counting on / hoping for some assistance if I didn't make it in time. What a bummer. You were talking to the NO GAS EV folks I assume?
2012 SL from TX, (mfg 8/12), used, dropped to 8 bars at 43.50 Ahr, 40,601 miles. my daily stats =/= my collected data on 4-bar losers

SageBrush

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Joe6pack wrote:Talk about clueless. There are plenty of stories about Tesla refusing work outside of warranty. You're trying to create a catch 22. Tesla has no degradation warranty nor do they have a universally recognized way to measure degradation.

I have no idea what a "universally recognized" way is. If you mean goofy LEAF bars that Nissan changes their meaning on a whim, then no.

kWh meter (multiplied by a constant) shown every time a Tesla is charged, YES

Tesla does not have a battery degradation warranty, and they do not have a degradation problem.
Nissan has a warranty based on goofy bars, and a HUGE battery degradation problem in the LEAF

Are you a Nissan Employee ? Nothing else explains your ridiculous responses attempting to conflate out of warranty repairs in general with the issue of battery degradation.
Last edited by SageBrush on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 pm

peter wrote:Just got off of talking to Nissan support after opening an out of warranty battery replacement assistance case for my 2011 Leaf two weeks ago.

He says the official Nissan word is that all out of warranty battery assistance has been ended since last week. Fini.

Anyone have an actual experience to report, either of continuing their own process toward a discounted pack exchange, or a refusal from Nissan to do so, since the single post above from yesterday morning?
no condition is permanent

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”