Delayed headlights setting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsenor

I would like to have my headlight turn off quicker than the 45 second delay to which they are set,
but I can't find where one can adjust the delay times. Can anyone point it out to me please?

I don't know what year or trim level your car is so this relates to my LEAF. Answer was found in the manual for the navigation system:

• Have vehicle in "On" mode
    Push "Menu" button
    Touch "Settings"
    Touch "Comfort & Convenience"
    Touch "Light Off Delay"
    Select desired setting to 0, 30, 45 (factory default), 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 seconds.
    Push "Menu" button again to get back to top level of menu system.
If your year/trim does not have the nav system, the answer is likely in the owners manual somewhere.

Good luck.

Thank you for your explanation.
I was hoping to find a range of times, like 10 sec. or so, in case you don't need more.
However, I found the setting as per your instructions, and had to contend myself with the 0 setting, since the 30 seconds are not an adequate saving over the factory 45 seconds.
Our Leaf is a cayenne red 2015 SV, named "Pepper" by my wife.
Just got her last week, and we are both in love with Pepper.

Congratulations on Pepper's acquisition! I trust you'll both enjoy it as much as we have our LEAF. As to this forum, there is an amazing wealth of information, suggested practices, lore, and explanations for about every aspect of the LEAF and its ownership experience. Several threads are specific to new LEAF ownership and I'd recommend perusing them first. Then look at the threads about Turbo3's incredible app called "LeafSpyPro." If it is of any interest to you, many of us strongly recommend it to really monitor what's happening to our LEAF's, especially the lhigh-voltage and 12v batteries as well as the rest of the vehicle.

Let me suggest you add a signature block to your name (using the User Control Panel of the forum, found by clicking on your forum ID on the right end of the black bar at top of page). From there you may manage your profile, desired threads, signature block, etc., etc. In that block, include things like your model year/trim, e.g. 2017SV.

In other parts of the User Control Panel you can add your city and state, the last 6 digits of your VIN, and LEAF delivery date.

All this may seem invasive, but if you participate in the forums (and we all hope for good contributers), having that information automatically added to each post and reply lets responders tailor their messages to your specific case. This helps you since there are differences among years and trim levels, geography/timezones, and the like.

Again, welcome to LEAF ownership, this forum, and happy miles to you both.

alsenor said:
since the 30 seconds are not an adequate saving over the factory 45 seconds.
What are you hoping to save on (other than 15 seconds of light pollution)?

It's just my principle of waste avoidance.
If I only have to take a few steps to get into our laundry room, I simply can't stand the thought of my car's headlights being on for a useless half minute in the garage.
You have to understand that am am not purely "old school", I am actually "paleo school". ;)

I have a Cadillac cts that when you get out of the car at night, lights up all of the lights in and out of the car, and slowly dims for 30 seconds.... I got used to it...

Back