How to verify lizard battery is installed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaftryer

I read that only 2015s and newer officially have the lizard batteries, but 2014s and even some 2013s might have the lizard batteries.
Is there any way to check if a specific 2014 is one of the ones with the better battery?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=499624#p499624

The only definitive way I can think of that an earlier than '15 might have it is if the original HV battery were replaced after the "lizard" battery was officially announced.

leaftryer said:
I read that only 2015s and newer officially have the lizard batteries, but 2014s and even some 2013s might have the lizard batteries.
Perhaps what you read is that Nissan changed battery chemistry starting with cars built during 4/13 (part way into the '13 model year). This was a substantial improvement for hot weather use over the previous chemistry. The chemistry was then changed again at the start of the '15 model year - the so called "lizard battery". And yes. battery replacements done in the past two years plus have received the lizard chemistry.

Back