gun storage anyone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontamu

:D

Show me how you store your guns?

My Nissan Titan I mounted a Blackhawk serpa holster in the center console using nylon stand offs and acurate length screws....

How do you store your carry gun?

2014 SV premium.

Thanks,
J

I store my non-restricted rifles loose in the back, tucking the muzzles into that cutout on the right side. All my restricted firearms (AR, pistols) are cased up and either in the back or on the back seat.

I had a chuckle, I got pulled over speeding on the way to meet a friend at the range. Big stack of guns, cases and ammo boxes in the back and on the back seat. Never said a word to me about it.

i suspect the original poster is just teasing and thinking that all Nissan leaf owners on this forum are lefty, none gun owning libtards and I'm sure some of us are.

I've always been in to the idea of having an electric car because when I was a kid I loved the notion of getting energy from the sun and using it to power things. I also rode my bike a lot (as it was my only transport) and had to huff enough poorly maintained car exhaust that I thought, it be nice to not have the smell in all of our cities and near schools.

I've been called names until my accusers manage to open their minds wide enough and ask me real questions like.. how far does it go on a charge? how much does it cost to run? and then, so how much can i buy one for?

I don't have a gun.. well unless you count that air rifle that i have to pump so I can shoot the rats that steal my chickens feed. I'm a terrible shot so I think it's a good idea that I don't have a more "impressive" payload delivery tool.

I don't have a pickup because 1) they've not made one yet 2) I have a small trailer that can carry most anything a pickup truck can and I don't have to drag it around everywhere I go or pay road taxes on it.

A long time back on the "Gun discussion goes here" thread there was a hilarious picture (I think from a guy named kubel) of like half a dozen guns jammed in the center console of a Leaf. I looked for it but sadly couldn't find it.

No....I'm truely looking for how leaf owners store and carry their firearms....mainly their carry weapon.

I did a mounted black hawk serpa holster in my titan....
Post 72/73:
http://www.titantalk.com/#/topics/141742?page=8

I'm gonna modify the console in the leaf to do the same in the leaf.

J

PPK/s is probably the only thing that will fit the center console without modifications.

GumCreek vehicle holsters is your friend. Handgun rides just under the steering wheel, giving driver instant access. Made for most handgun sizes.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

Rich
Cape Cod/AZ

I keep a Beretta in a holster wedged under the little triangular hatch in the backseat for the battery disconnect. I don't really have passengers in the backseat ever, though.

My XD9 fits in the center console at a funky angle....but i want locking not really to detour theft because i almost always keep on my person's usually when I'm out of the car, but for my children to not open and see or grab it.
kOOVBAp.jpg

I currently did this mod of locking glove box for now...
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=509585&sid=b13a45378ab7bf656eb91dcd5394d7a9#p509585

but I'm working on a locking center console mod as well, ill post when I'm done with it.

-J

My carry gun stays in my IWB holster when I'm driving. The only time it's locked in the box in the back is when I have to visit a location that doesn't permit carry into the premises, like a post office (which also requires parking off the property).

Guns and kids don't belong in a car together unless the firearm is controlled by an adult. Likewise, one can get into a problem if they have a gun in a center console and a prohibited person is in the car.

Back