cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Anyone participate in other Leaf social media besides MNL such as various Leaf Facebook groups? Examples below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlenissanleaf/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayLeafs/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184664911551980/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/437741293059829/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nissan. ... ers.group/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NissanLeafOwners/

It seems for one other than the 1st two, there are quite a few newbie questions (and newbie confusion e.g. about the GOM which they don't realize is a GOM), which I can totally understand. We were all newbs at one point.

What's a bit annoying and disturbing is that on those latter groups, to me, there seems to be a lot more misinformation and misinformed folks replying than here on MNL. If often takes a slew of people to reply with or arrive at the correct answer. Anyone else see this? Any other good Leaf social media that is at least somewhat US-centric?

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm in the Leaf Group That Must Not Be Named, but I avoid social media like the plague. I suggest that you come up with a short text string to redirect newbies to this site. Or we could put more effort into writing FAQ-type documents that could be posted around the web. I'll go add an attribution/permission to my Tips & Tricks post, and you can use that, for starters.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:53 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I'm in the Leaf Group That Must Not Be Named, but I avoid social media like the plague.

??? on the first part.

Arguably, MNL and other web-based forums that are open to anyone who applies/just visits are also part of social media.
LeftieBiker wrote:I suggest that you come up with a short text string to redirect newbies to this site.

I frequently point people to threads or posts on MNL, if they have the answer or directly relate.

In a TINY fraction (under a handful of cases), I've seen a few folks react negatively to driving traffic to MNL. :roll:
LeftieBiker wrote:Or we could put more effort into writing FAQ-type documents that could be posted around the web. I'll go add an attribution/permission to my Tips & Tricks post, and you can use that, for starters.

Yes, that could help.

As I said, the amount of confusion (e.g. my car only charges up to ___ miles when it charged up to ___ miles before) and sometimes misinformed/blatantly wrong replies is annoying. Worst part is when and others have gone thru a lot of effort to try to answer only to be attacked by the OP for "mansplaining". :roll: Needless to say, I bowed out at that point. No thanks. Life is too short for that.

'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DuncanCunningham
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm

im staying here for 1 big reason. I use facebook for logging into websites that gives me the choice of using that or creating an account. Nothing else. I can't handle facebook's drama and getting political BS from "friends" we get enough on this forum.
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

LeftieBiker

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:11 pm

I seem to be one of a very small number of people who succeeded in extracting themselves completely from Facebook. I later created a couple of profiles not in my name - and then lost access when I switched PCs without writing down the logins. My brain is going, I'm afraid. Still, I have no desire to return.

Given the recent terrible post by The ChargePoint Team (who I assume are a couple of interns) on buying a used Leaf, we really need a FAQ on that subject. Or we at least need the author of the one guide that is close to accurate to update and correct his document. They really need to include warnings about the 30kwh packs.
Last edited by LeftieBiker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Oh, and the other group is the newest incarnation of the Global Leaf Advisory Board. It's pretty quiet, but at least it seems to have international membership. I'm not sure why I was invited.

DuncanCunningham
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I'm not sure why I was invited.

You probably forgot.
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

LeftieBiker

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:56 pm

No, I distinctly remember not knowing at the time. Actually, I figured everyone was, but there was an admonition to not mention it, so I waited, and, well I still don't know. It isn't as if there were too many people there, believe me. There still aren't.

cwerdna

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:58 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Oh, and the other group is the newest incarnation of the Global Leaf Advisory Board. It's pretty quiet, but at least it seems to have international membership. I'm not sure why I was invited.

It did have international membership before.

Congrats! It's always good to have a good cross-section of Leaf owners/drivers, not just folks from say the West Coast or the US only. And, it is good to have a rotation so that there are new perspectives. And, there are certain things that will be recurring, which are also good data points for Nissan corporate.

'06 Prius

LeftieBiker

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 am

I'm probably not making them happy, but I am trying to tell them things I believe they should know.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”