DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:05 am

cwerdna wrote:^^^
FWIW, I just had the auto-deletion of replies happen in two Leaf FB groups tonight + the i3 FB group. :(

I reported the bug to FB each time and the 2nd time, I had screenshots of before (comment present), after auto-deleting and after I click "view more replies" which reveals no more comments because it was my auto-deleted reply. :(

I've had to resort to posting text and saying Google for ___________ to point them the right way. Even including a domain like mynissanleaf.com seems to cause deletion, so I have to leave off the .com.

So Facebook is automatically deleting your post based on some algorithm that suspects you are posting SPAM?

I don't know if the recent privacy settings debacle has anything to do with it, but I have had 4 friends and relatives close their account simply because they were tired of it.

It has become somewhat frustrating to use Facebook on my cellphone as well. Notifications are nearly useless. When I click on them, they only take me to the thread in question where I have to dig for the post. I also get notifications of posts from 3 days ago...

I should have screenshot this but one from Tony Williams posted Wed, came up on the notification panel "Wed, 9 mins ago" This happened about 1 AM last night while I was sitting at a charger BS'ing with other EV Night Owls...
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 8743 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 111.39 Ahr , SOH 96.49, Hx 114.98
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rmay635703

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Post a picture of the website url
Or post a link to a google search

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:56 pm

It seemed like the problem of FB auto-deleting of my posts with domains and URLs had gotten better as I've been able to posts links to MNL and Edmunds w/o issue today but... today I posted a link to TMC in one reply and auto-deleted it. :( I lost all my work on that reply and hadn't copy pasted it before.

Will try again later and submit another bug report if it's repro.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:57 am

Another peeve... gotta love some of the idiots on FB car groups, this time on an i3 group.

So, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWi3/p ... 024704981/ was a post about the guy loaning someone else their i3 and let's just say, they had pedal operation confusion and damaged the car. So, some idiot i3 FB group user comes along w/a comment and posts derisive misinformation claiming the '18 Leaf has only ONE pedal, no brake pedal and let's see how that goes. I and others chime in telling him he's wrong, explaining e-Pedal can be turned on and off (and that e-Pedal on is real similar to i3 all the time (can't be turned off on i3), that there still is a brake pedal and why it's used, etc. I mentioned to him I test drove '18 Leaf for 45+ minutes.

The idiot goes off and complains about us being trolls, derailing the thread (well, he added the BS, not us), says zzzzz, boring, etc. Then, he deletes his comment, taking all the replies me made with it! That's the worst part about FB. People can delete comments or threads, taking ALL the replies with it. I wish it would just delete only that post and leave all the replies.

There usually aren't too many idiotic folks in https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWi3, but this guy takes the cake. I still have screenshots of the notifications so at least I'll know who he is, if there's a next time.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 am

Since the reason for your reply was to refute the comment, and once the comment is gone the misinformation is gone, why not just make brief, easily written comments that you can cheerfully expect to be deleted - at which point the need for them is gone anyway? I know it's hard to resist when Someone On The Internet Is Wrong, but not all flies need to be swapped with dictionaries. ;-)
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”